World intellectual property organization(WIPO), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties:
- Define documents and safely execute projects, or sub-projects, actively participating in all phases of the project; identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project.
- Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference; monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances; maintain required financial records, using appropriate tools, for compliance and audit.
- Prepare and maintain realistic project schedules and quality plans and tracks all activities against them, providing regular and accurate reports to senior management, and client/user management as appropriate.
- Manage the change control procedure, gaining authorization for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
- Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and auctioned; produce appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- Organize requirements into appropriate categories, clarify specifications of products and services to be procured; initiate and follow RFPs.
- Collect and collate data and uses appropriate techniques to assess costs and benefits of options and make decisions about the most appropriate route of procurement within legal constraints; evaluate and participate in the selection of suppliers based on the specification and evaluation criteria.
- Act as the liaison between the customer and supplier organizations, owning the relationship regarding the contracts on behalf of the customer organization, enabling all communications to take place effectively and efficiently.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Essential: First-level university degree in information technology, computer science or a related field.
- Desirable: Certification in project management, e.g. PRINCE2 or Agile.
- Certification in Java, UNIX, System architecture, and/or Web application design.
- Essential: At least six years of relevant professional experience, including in managing IT projects with direct business impact by using industry standard project management methodologies, tools, and project planning and control techniques, including budget control.
- Desirable: Experience working with Java, Web-based technologies and database environments including Oracle, MySQL or similar products.
- Experience working with the development and deployment of IT systems in IP industry.
- Skills in project planning, including the ability to analyze, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets, including the assessment and evaluation of risk.
- Ability to foresee and evaluate impact of action on dependencies and take appropriate action.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques using industry standard methodologies.
- Ability to elaborate and evaluate RFPs.
- Ability to advise on available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Knowledge of vendor management.
- Knowledge of the business and administrative procedures of national/regional IP institutions.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Knowledge of other UN official languages.