World Vision, Arua, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
To provide quality leadership to ensure sustainable water and sanitation infrastructures to support the refugees in the camps or settlement areas to access water and sanitation services according to the targets in WASH programs in West Nile Emergency Response.
Ensure all the technical (construction, drilling, geophysics and hydro) work is completed with the desired quality and according to schedule;
- Support the development of technical drawings, BOQ’s and technical specifications of WASH infrastructure.
- Ensure all WASH facilities are constructed based on the specific standards as mentioned on designs, including selection of sites/locations for construction.
- Design and conduct the baseline assessments, KAP surveys, and follow-up assessments
- Design and implementation of an M&E strategy
- Ensure Internal Orders and Delivery Requests for all materials are made in a timely manner
- Establish maintenance plans with Officers for all major equipment and ensure required services are performed
- Review monthly stock reports to keep track of consumable material use
Document all field activities and produce relevant reports. Contribute to the planning and management of the relevant project;
- Set and stay updated on the project schedule and objectives
- Produce monthly and weekly activity and movement plans for each team in coordination with the Area coordinator and Logs team
- Produce weekly activity progress reports highlighting the work completed and challenges faced to the Area Coordinator
- Write quarterly, monthly reports summarizing the major achievements and challenges
- Review and make any necessary revisions to all technical reports (field surveys, monitoring and evaluation, post-construction borehole logs etc)
- Establish and update a WASH database and ensure that data from activities and assessments are filed in an organized and useful manner
- Prepare monthly cash projections of all project activities with support from senior finance officer
- Ensure all activities are in-line with projected budget
- Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation exercises for both staff and field activities to ensure a high quality of work
Coordination and engagement of stakeholders: Facilitate coordination and ensure stakeholders engagement on a timely basis:
- Facilitate coordination and relations between teams and partners as well as local government officials
- Participate in the harmonization of a WASH strategy with both cross-sector teams, implementing partners and the District authorities
Represent WV externally:
- Participate in the district level, Inter-Agency and zonal coordination meetings
- Send reporting input to the cluster coordination system
- Hold regular meetings with District, OPM, UNHCR, sub-county and local officials to provide updates on WV activities and encourage good cooperation
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred (Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a closely related field)
- Minimum of five year relevant experience of designing and supervising water supply and sanitation systems
- Working knowledge of EPANET2 is a MUST, AutoCAD/Archi CAD is an advantage
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power point required.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management, training facilitation and coaching.
- Valid class B driving permit and wiliness to drive.