The Lake Chad Basin crisis is among the most severe in the world. The protracted conflict is affecting 17.4 million people out of which 10.7 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance in a region which comprises parts of Nigeria, Cameroun, Chad and Niger. In line with the Grand Bargain commitments and the localization agenda, the civil society and local non-governmental organizations will ultimately drive the work to find durable solutions.
In light of this, capacity development support will be provided to strengthen civil society in coordination and in delivering humanitarian/development assistance. This includes capacity development in project cycle and financial management, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, communication, resource mobilization, Gender-based violence and Accountability to Affected Populations mainstreaming and programming.
In this regard we are looking for a proactive, French-speaking Project Manager with proven experience in capacity building and Project Management.
The Lake Chad Project Manager will:
- Manage and develop the Lake Chad project under NORCAP and other related activities
- Contribute to NORCAP Department’s strategies, work plans, procedures and routines in relation to own specialist area
- Work closely with the NORCAP Head of Unit and Grants Adviser on new funding proposals, grant agreements and reporting to donors
- Contribute to effective cooperation between different Sections/Departments of NRC
- Responsible for overall project management, including project implementation planning, budgeting, monitoring, and narrative results- and financial reporting in compliance with donor requirements
- Responsible for fundraising in the assigned area of responsibility
- Contribute to development of strategic partnerships with institutions and government departments, UN agencies, Standby Partners and NGOs and other relevant institutions and network and conduct relevant consultations as and where necessary
- Conduct field missions, as and where necessary, for advocacy, planning and management in relation to the area of responsibility
- Line management of the experts deployed, including prioritization and allocation of tasks, and performance management
- Provide input to NORCAP and NRC advocacy messages and information material within the area of responsibility
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Relevant higher education
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Manager/Adviser experience within the humanitarian field
- Experience with personnel administration and administration, preferably from international work
- Experience from strategy work, fundraising, project management and financial management
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of standard ICT office support systems
- Humanitarian programme experience within programme and project management and brokering relationship and partnership with local institutions at field level would be a strong advantage
- UN experience is a strong advantage
- Experience from working at strategic level and from leading processes
- Experience with start-up of new projects and project proposals to donors
- Proven experience in financial and narrative reporting to donors
You are proactive both towards experts, as well as partners in the field with a hands on attitude. Experience with remote management is important, as the position is Oslo based and the implementation is to take place in three different countries. You show a high level of cultural awareness as well as a diplomatic approach to ensure local engagement for the project.