Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium are recruiting for experienced project managers to join our team in London to drive the efficient and effectively delivery of our portfolio of projects in the Positive Impact space. We are currently looking for project managers who are open to joining on fixed term arrangements of up to 12 months.
As a key player on our project management team, you will lead on bringing innovation and best-in-class solutions to the challenges of delivering high-value complex programming.
The primary responsibilities of the Project Manager, involve:
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from service providers and stakeholders;
- Serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project ensuring project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated; escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required;
- Serve as lead point of contact for delivery on all assigned projects, from timely planning, implementation and reporting
Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
- Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities;
- Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required;
- Liaise with and respond to requests from clients, creating and maintaining trusted supplier relationships
- Monitor project expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements and ensuring adherence to best practice financial management
- Manage project financial / cash-flow planning, review and approve funding requests from the field,
- Ensure the accuracy of client invoices (including monthly, milestone and performance based invoices) and where required prepare same; Monitor, reconcile and report expense advances monthly;
Procurement, Sub-Contractor and Grant Management
- Serve as a point of contact with service providers and address contractual matters as required;
- Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruptions and due diligence processes;
- Report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants;
- Academic qualifications in a in a relevant field are valued, but these can be compensated by extensive relevant experience.
- Clear experience as a project or programme manager in a large organisation or dealing with a large portfolio of projects
- An understanding or interest in international development and donor clients would be an advantage
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high risk profile in challenging environments
- Some experience and interest of people management, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship
Skills and Competencies
- PRINCE2 qualification or other Formal Project Management training is highly valued
- Experience or knowledge in the fields of countering violent extremism (CVE) and communications would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in developing countries and elsewhere.