OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To promote the health and well-being of all people, in all countries, by advancing the impact of vaccines & immunization programmes through partnership & leadership; policies & guidance; evidence & research.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Translate project goals and strategy into action, and provide overall coordination of planning and implementation across global, regional, and country offices;
- Oversee all programme management responsibilities;
- In collaboration with AFRO Regional and Country Offices and PATH, manage and drive the development and execution of high-quality, realistic, cross-functional programme plans; monitor progress of implementation against those work plans and project milestones;
- Actively participate in MVIP strategic and operational discussions and provide input on decision-making and issues resolution;
- Advise on project management and financial matters (including resources), policies, procedures and tracking systems.Proactively identify impediments to project/programme team effectiveness and drive the development of related solutions.
- Responsible for overseeing MVIP-specific financial, contractual, award management, and administrative aspects;
- Work closely with IVB Finance Officer to monitor and report on financial resources and annual work plans in timely manner and support budget reprogramming, if needed;
- Develop and maintain a project financial tracking system that provides the MVIP Lead with annual as well as life of project comparison of actual expenditures against award/proposal budget;
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements that pertain to reporting and financial obligations;
- Develop project budgets and manage internal processes for submission to the donor;
- Facilitate proper planning and, with input from MVIP Lead, message project's financial strategy and status to the team and donor;
- Support the development and conduct of the Funders Forum (led by the Technical Officer) in close collaboration with PATH;
- Support budget planning and resource mobilization efforts for post-2020 activities;
- Develop, negotiate, and manage project subordinate agreements (contracts, sub-agreements, work orders, consultant agreements, etc.);
- Monitor performance, review deliverables and compliance with terms, and support timely processing of payments of contractors, including timely execution of agreed upon activities from evaluation partners and ministries of health;
- Collaborate with team members to ensure optimal allocation of resources to support programmatic goals.
Administrative management / other tasks:
- Independently respond to in-house and external requests for information;
- Contribute to the preparation and coordination of meetings and conferences, including documentation;
- Contribute to development of job descriptions, recruitment, hiring, and orientation of new project staff and consultants;
- Orient technical staff on project's contractual, financial, and administrative systems/tools, and provide periodic updates on the same;
- Facilitate technical staff compliance with internal WHO requirements;
- Promote lessons learned, a spirit of continuous improvement, and knowledge sharing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisory line.
- Essential: Advanced degree (Masters level or above) in public health, global/international health, health policy and management, business administration or related field.
- Essential: At least 7 years of professional international work experience in project coordination and programme management with at least three of those working with or in low-resource environments. Experience with grant and contract management. Proven experience to work to deadlines and manage budgets.
- Desirable: Experience working with donor agencies, (experience with Gavi or Global Fund).
Detail-oriented and conscientious with ability to take initiative and work independently under general guidance. Ability to interact in a proactive manner. Ability to work as a team member, and to maintain working relationship in a multicultural environment. Knowledge of the MVIP or malaria vaccines and programmatic implementation. Knowledge working with funders, (experience with Gavi or Global Fund an added benefit). Knowledge of the global health landscape (development partners, research entities, and implementation partners).Demonstrated ability to write donor progress reports, and prepare technical presentations. Competence in building productive relationships with key immunization partners such as UNICEF and Gavi, donors. Excellent writing skills. Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills, ability to coordinate or manage diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French.