FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
CSPB seeks a Project Manager with at least eight years of international development experience and at least five years of direct management experience of international development programs, specifically in the civil society and/or peacebuilding sectors.
Supports business development efforts for the department as well as the organization. Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and external clients in order to deliver projects according to plan. Manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project(s) life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals and targets, and implement evidence based interventions in a one or more multi -sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices. Collaborates with other sectors in order to integrate work plans, budgets and multi-sector interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
Project Management and Support Responsibilities (approximately 60% LOE)
- Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion;
- Manages capacity building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability;
- Provides guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork;
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management;
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management;
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff;
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget;
- Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies; and
- Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
Business Development Responsibilities (approx. 40%)
- Directly supports CSPB development planning;
- Serves as a writer for assigned sections of proposal efforts and assists with budgeting;
- Collects and analyzes information relevant to CSPB program portfolio and development efforts;
- Assists or oversees the coordination and design of technical proposals for new programs and initiatives, helping ensure that CSPB technical proposals adhere to company strategy and are technically sound and responsive to solicitations;
- Assists in developing and disseminating tools, materials, reports, and papers related to new business development and program design for civil society and/or peacebuilding; and
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff and proactively identifies opportunities for internal and external partnering on new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in international development, international affairs, social sciences or related field is required;
- Masters' degree or its international equivalent in international development, international affairs, social sciences or related field is strongly preferred;
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- At least eight years of experience in international development program support, management, and/or implementation preferred.
- At least five years of direct experience managing development programs, including civic engagement/civil society strengthening;
- Experience with USAID or Department of State programs and strong familiarity with USAID/USG rules and regulations;
- Spanish-language fluency is required;
- At least one year of overseas project management/support experience required;
- Experience working on civil society strengthening in Asia and/or Africa strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated project management abilities;
- Ability to problem-solve independently and work within a team under tight deadlines; and
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter.