Save the Children, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Manager Baana is responsible and accountable for effective and efficient planning, implementation and overall management of the Baana program. Baana is an integrated Basic Education, School Health Nutrition, Early Childhood Development, Child protection and Livelihood program implemented in Wakiso district, with a strong focus on Community Mobilization.
The Project Manager will provide strategic and operational leadership to planning and implementation of the project, manage performance of the project and project team. H/She will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely and quality submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related discipline.
- Preferred certificate in Project Cycle Management
- At least 6 years working experience in managing development programmes
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Sponsorship, Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to their thematic area is a must.
- Thorough understanding of SCI working principles and approaches of Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding, Zero Tolerance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities