Dimagi is seeking a Project Manager to represent Dimagi in Tajikistan, as it works with its partners to implement a mobile technology solution for providing health services in under-resourced settings. This will be a 24-month fixed-term contract with the possibility for extension.
Dimagi works on a broad range of international development issues, including strengthening community health programs, electronic medical records, care coordination, agricultural extension programs, and in remote data collection. The work we do currently involves the design, development and large scale deployment of mobile applications and dashboards for health programs and intense collaboration and coordination with partners to ensure the broader success of their programs. This role will also collaborate closely with Dimagi's teams in India, South Africa, and the USA.
You will provide project management, technical consulting, capacity building, and training of trainer services associated with developing and deployment a health system strengthening IT program. You will have the opportunity to become an expert on digital health products and technologies (like CommCare) and develop solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives. You will be working in Dushanbe and collaborating remotely with a dynamic, multi-skilled team of Dimagi's product managers, engineers, and development specialists around the world.
The successful candidate will have strong relationship management and communication skills and be comfortable working independently and part of remote, distributed teams. It is estimated that this person will spend the significant majority of their time on project work, while also engaging in some partnership building activity.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Acting as the representative of the client on-the-ground in Tajikistan
- Coordinate communication between partners in Tajikistan and the broader Dimagi project and engineering teams
- Gather requirements for the ongoing refinement, evolution, and expansion of the client's applications and associated digital systems more broadly
- Manage expectations of the client’s project stakeholders in terms of system features, capabilities, and service standards. Manage the project with an eye to the big picture as it relates to long term sustainability, strategic value and impact of the overall intervention
- Coordinate with client’s partners and vendors both within and outside of Tajikistan to ensure an end-to-end solution
- Prepare and maintain project plans outlining the activities, necessary steps, risks, and dependencies of given work streams as the project progresses and report updates on a bi-weekly basis
- Lead meetings to review project progress, mitigate risks, coordinate tasks, and ensure quality implementation, with the client’s designated teams
- Conduct training of trainers on Dimagi’s technology systems
- Work alongside the client’s technical leads in strengthening applications, visiting implementation sites, and building partner capacity
- Travel to attend client meetings with government officials and project leaders, as needed
- Other responsibilities, as required, to ensure the success of Dimagi’s work in Tajikistan
- Capacity building, and sustainability planning for eventual end client handover of systems to the government
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years of project management experience
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and operate reliably
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to represent us in meetings at various levels.
- Excellent partnership management experience. Experience of having managed expectations in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Highly adaptable and able to learn
- Well organized and able to handle a high volume email inbox
- Interested in technology design and able to grasp and manipulate technological concepts quickly
- Comfortable with software tools such as Asana, G Suite, and Skype
- Professional fluency in oral and written English
- Professional fluency Tajik
- Agile project management experience
- Experience as a business analyst or technical product owner
- Knowledge of the public health system in Tajikistan or other Central Asian countries
- Experience working with governments in Central Asia
- Conversational Russian