Reporting to the Operations Manager, you contribute to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in the country where you are based. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. With all HI managers, and through paradigm changes, you share responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organisation.
You will have overall responsibility for delivering the FCDO-funded HARISS project, based in Yei to supervise staff, project activities, with regular travel to Juba to conduct coordination. You will be responsible for day-to-day project management and monitoring of the project delivery, budget and HR administrative tasks. You will have a dedicated team that will support in the identification, assessment, referral and implementation of direct services to person with specific needs within the project sites.
- You will line-manage the project’s team members, organise and lead regular team meetings.
- You will manage the recruitment and selection of new team members
- You will ensure strict application and respect of the programme’s Internal Regulations by the project team.
- You provide the technical expertise for the project.
- You help to coordinate technical professional development and facilitate a community of practice, in collaboration with Technical Division
- You manage relationships with technical authorities, local partners or other stakeholders
Implementation and Monitoring
- You ensure project implementation, in collaboration with the relevant services and in line with general standards and procedures.
- You ensure project data management and project reporting
- You prepare and steer project evaluation and capitalisation
Influence & Communication
- You contribute to HI’s external influence by participating in relevant networks - Represent HI and actively participate in various cluster, coordination, working groups and other meetings relevant to the project, in consultation with Operations Coordinator.
- You liaise regularly and work closely with donors, other agencies and partners to promote HIs work, or promote best-practice within the sector through coordination.
- You develop strong information sharing networks across in country to support information exchange and to gather up-to-date context, needs and technical information relating to your project.
Strategy & business development
- You contribute to programme or country operational strategy (StratOp).
- You draft new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project.
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a degree in relevant field such as development studies, international cooperation, social sciences or human rights law (bachelors as a minimum).
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in project cycle management, including budget management, administration and logistics.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience managing complex humanitarian and/or development response efforts.
- You have experience of coordinating project activities and staff teams across multiple locations.
- You are able to deal with stressful situations, will to work in remote and isolated location and have the ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes.