General purpose of the position
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation and monitoring of activities in the intervention areas.
He / she will be in charge of ensuring the coherent planning of the implementation of project activities, while respecting the operational planning defined in connection with the Coordination of the mission.
He / she will be in charge of ensuring the coherent planning and management of the project staff and the good collaboration and interaction with those who, for the ECHO project, will be in charge of monitoring the project.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Project management :
- Develop objective and punctual planning of project activities, in collaboration with the head of mission and his entire team
- Ensure operational, financial and programmatic management in collaboration with team members
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders (humanitarian actors, administrative authorities), with representatives of donors and other actors present in the field;
- Coordinate the Project in collaboration with team members through the monitoring of joint activities;
- Ensure compliance with the work plan and propose readjustments if necessary
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of activities through the development and updating of monitoring tools) in collaboration with the Coordination of the Mission;
- Formulate narrative and financial reports to be submitted to UNHCR;
- Contribute to the monthly update of information to be shared with the relevant clusters;
- Ensure the timely submission of the monthly internal activity report to the organization including the PAT monitoring tool;
- Ensure an adequate line of communication (internal and external) under the supervision and with the Coordination of the Mission;
- Quickly and accurately report any difficulty encountered in setting up the project to the Mission Coordination and help identify solutions;
- Participate in sectoral coordination meetings at the field level.
- Contribute to the management of security according to the established approaches and the tools in use in the mission
Administrative management of the project:
- Ensure appropriate management of project funds (update project financial planning on a monthly basis; each month,
- Monitor project expenses in collaboration with the administration,
- Propose budgetary readjustments to the administration;
- Liaise with the logistics team for project purchases, in order to ensure correct application of INTERSOS and the lessor's purchasing procedures;
Human Resource Management :
- Contribute to the selection and recruitment of national project staff as needed
- Ensure the effective and objective performance evaluation of the staff under its management each month and the final evaluation;
- Supervise and manage the project team and ensure continuous training in collaboration with the Mission Coordination
Knowledge capitalization and management:
- Ensure the capitalization of experiences and data obtained within the framework of the project;
- Identify needs and propose new potential programs or activities to be implemented in the field. ;
- Transmit to the Mission Coordination all photo and video documentation of the activities, as well as any significant information on the intervention area and the project activities to feed the needs of visibility, fundraising and communication
- On the basis of the guidance given by the Head of Mission, contribute to the implementation of other activities, such as - for example - the identification and formulation of new project proposals.
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, Humanities or other relevant field.
- A first-level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the post-graduate degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management in the humanitarian sector and, in particular, Protection programs. Knowledge of the ECHO donor.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency context;
- Ability to work in a volatile security environment;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with little supervision and under pressure;
- Great communication skills, written and oral, and to maintain relationships with experience in managing work teams;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Knowledge of UNHCR procedures and guidelines (desirable).
- Fluent French (spoken, read, written).
- Knowledge of English or Italian (desirable).