FHI 360 designs and implements academic, professional, cultural, and youth exchange programs for students and emerging leaders around the world. We are seeking a Project Manager to execute operational and management duties related to the English Access Microscholarship Program, a global program that promotes and supports English language acquisition.
All eligible candidates must submit a Resume and Cover Letter for consideration
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Director in the management and operations of the project from initiation to completion including the achievement of program performance objectives and deliverables.
- Provide best practice recommendations for resolving challenges based on program goals and knowledge of federal grant regulations and financial reporting.
- Supervise and mentor Program Officers through training on systems, policies and regulations, establishing clarity on project priorities and encouraging effective team work in consultation with Project Director.
- Provide guidance on responses to U.S. Embassies, Department of State, and educational providers.
- Develop tools for project execution and management, including excel templates and standard operating procedures.
- Oversee the development of training, guides and learning materials for capacity building of multiple project stakeholders.
- Contribute substantially to the writing of technical proposals, quarterly reports, monthly highlights and program materials.
- Document and share project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned with internal and external partners.
- Develop and maintain productive and highly-responsive relationship with client.
- Serve as a backstop to Project Director during times of absence.
- Represent FHI 360 to external audiences as requested.
- Master's Degree or its International Equivalent in Business Administration, Development Management, International/Foreign Affairs, International/Intercultural Management, International Communications, International Training & Education, and Project Management Preferred. Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent required.
- Minimum requirement is 5-8 years of project management experience.
- Prefers 10+ years’ experience with international education, international exchange programs or operations of federally-funded projects.
- Applied knowledge of 2 CFR 200/2 CFR 600 requirements.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO) or a U.S. Embassy.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Prior team management experience.
- Advanced excel skills and experience using a CRM database.
- Experience developing training and capacity-building materials.
- Familiarity or experience with the English Access Microscholarship Program.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing collaborative relationships with clients and key project personnel.
- Ability to motivate, mentor and collaborate with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Education and Cultural Affair’s programs and goals.
- Competency using software such as One Note, Sharepoint, Excel, and CRM Databases.
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.