Project Manager - Family Planning & Post Abortion Care
Save the Children(STC), Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management and technical support of a Family Planning (FP) and Post-Abortion Care (PAC) in Emergencies project in Nord Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- The project is an extension of a global program led by SC-US and funded by a private foundation.
- It provides opportunities to participate in technical global forums and work with a growing team of experienced advisors as well as academic institutions.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified midwife-nurse or medical doctor, with field experience related to the program's approaches.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant field experience with an international humanitarian aid organization, preferably within the Central and/or East Africa context.
- Experience in Eastern DRC will be an asset.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and French are required.
- Swahili language skills are an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management
- Creative and innovative approach to design and deliver effective training interventions.
- Demonstrated success in providing hands-on training and technical assistance to health care providers and other stakeholders.
- Able and willing to travel and spend time to remote and insecure locations.
- Experience in leading/implementing BCC projects is desirable.