VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To serve as focal person for Gender project (s) and contribute to implementation, development and successful delivery of project (s) in order to optimize the contribution towards reducing poverty. To manage partnership (s) under the area of responsibility for achievements of envisioned results of Gender project.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools to ensure effective planning, resourcing, implementation and review of programs and experience of organizational assessment, planning and review tools and processes. Masters in social sciences or related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience of working with NGO/ INGOs or donor agency with in field of gender and SRHR, Strong project management experience in a complex project design and implementation.
- Practical experience of applying development issues at a project or community level. Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development issues. Experience and knowledge of the relevant program area.
- Proven experience of partnership management
- Proven experience of generating project concepts and report writing.
- Experience of managing donor projects with good understanding of donor guidelines.
- Leadership and people management skills, experience of team management.
- Experience of the financial management of budgets, including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditure. Previous experience of having compiled financial reports
- Solution oriented to solve complex issues and take swift decision, including in a high risk situation in compliant to VSO approach.
- Flexible and adaptable to new and demanding situations,. Competent Data usage: including speedy collation and analysis of complex and high volume data, using appropriate Information Technology packages where necessary.
- Able to travel and work long hours, including work away from the home base for up to 30% of time, both within the country and occasionally internationally and some weekend and evening work.
- Fluency in Urdu & English language.
Desirable: Practical experience gained within a volunteering/NGO context and of managing a volunteer program. Experience and knowledge of the country and region. Confidence and experience in external representation.
This is a national position and only Pakistani nationals will be eligible to apply. Due to the urgency of role, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis. VSO has right to close the application before the end date.