OFFER is a philanthropic organization in India, based in Calicut with national office in Delhi working in a most innovative way, for the social, educational and financial upliftment/development of the most marginalised and vulnerable communities. OFFER is a company registered under the Society Registration Act XXI of 1860.
OFFER is a Principle implementing partner of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) in India and the position is responsible for IRW funded projects and programmes only.
OFFER is an equal opportunities employer. OFFER encourages people from all faiths to apply. We strongly encourage candidates from minority/SC/ST/women background to apply. OFFER does not discriminate candidates based on caste/religion/ethnicity /gender in its recruitment. People from all faiths work with OFFER.
Scope of Position
The Project Manager will manage and implement effective and quality recovery programme of OFFER-IR in Kerala. S/he is the leader of the Kerala Recovery Programme, responsible and accountable for developing, coordinating, implementing and managing all programme activities. The Team Leader has overall responsibility for the security and well-being of the staff and will be responsible to implement all activities in accordance with OFFER-IR policies and procedures.
- Lead the planning, management and implementation of the project. Including operationalisation of the project and day to day management of operations.
- Accountable for oversight of the budget utilisation, monitoring and evaluation, of the project, compliance with donor and OFFER - IR policies, and reporting.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders like other NGO’s, UN agencies, local government (state and district), IAG, SPHERE India, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders.
- Provide contextual and management guidance as well as organise and manage any additional sector specific technical support during implementation of the programme.
- Monitor the local social, economic and other external factors affecting implementation and overall operations in order to provide sound contextual analysis of the emergency during recovery and rehabilitation phases, as well as ensuring that learning from the project is documented and shared with all the key stakeholders.
- Ensure the Head of Programmes and OFFER-IR members are kept informed about assessment progress, implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
- Ensure that programme design and implementation is consistent with OFFER-IR’s quality and accountability standards, emergency guidelines and protocols, the Core Humanitarian Standard and that work meets Sphere Standards and other external quality commitments.
- Strictly complies to and promotes Child Protection and Safeguarding policies of the organization.
- Recruit local staff and manage all staff in line with OFFER-IR policies.
Any other tasks assigned by HoP.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-graduate education in Humanitarian studies, Rural Management, Social Sciences, Social Work, Agriculture, Economics or related discipline
- 10 to 12 Years of progressively responsible experience in Managing Humanitarian and Developmental projects
- Understanding and program experience in emergency food security, livelihood, and WASH.
- Good Experience of project management and ability to work widely with local partner and government involved sectors in Livelihood and Food Security and WASH ensuring gender equity.
- Strong understanding of local socio-economic development issues, institutions and local contexts for target communities.
- Demonstrable analytical, project appraisal, monitoring, impact assessment and reporting abilities;
- Understanding and well knowledge of Emergency and early recovery programmes-based poverty context indicators analysis of Kerala state
- Strong ability to work within team and consult with a wide range of staff colleagues.
- Commitment to organisational values and mission.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is essential. Fluency in one or more regional languages will be added advantage.
- Ability to undertake significant amount of unaccompanied travel.
- Willingness to be deployed on humanitarian operations in short notice.
- Ability to travel within country and abroad as required.