Project Manager Landfill/Waste Management
UNOPS , Central African Republic
Closing Date for Applications:
Background Information - Job-specific
SPECIAL CALL FOR APPLICATION
Central africans (1) Who are residing outside of Central African Republic at the time of application (2) Who have been living there for five years or more (3) Who are fulfilling the requirement s stated on this job advert are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Government of Central African Republic identified the improvement of solid waste management as a priority. As such, the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA) appointed the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) to carry out an assessment of a public city Landfill site.
As a second phase, the MINUSCA requests UNOPS’ support to rehabilitate and develop the site. The project consists of four (4) components:
- Component 1: Detailed studies Undertake detailed studies including geotechnical and hydrological surveys as well as Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
- Component 2: Rehabilitation and development of the landfill site. Undertake the works for the rehabilitation of the landfill.
- Component 3: Capacity building and procurement. Build the capacity of the landfill staff and of the Municipality of Bangui to operate the site
- Component 4: Community Outreach Perform the community outreach plan resulting from the community outreach assessment in water, sanitation and hygiene WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) needs.
- Advanced University Degree (Master's or equivalent) in Project Management, Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or other relevant discipline is required.
- First level University Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in Project Management, Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or other relevant discipline in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- At least five years of work experience in solid waste management activities is required
- At least two years of experience in construction management is required
- Provides specialist engineering advice on issues such as landfill gas, leachate, landfill capping systems and liners, stormwater, groundwater, geotechnical and environmental issues is desirable
- Analysis and development of institutional arrangements for local and/or central government agencies and experience with agencies directly responsible for solid waste management is desirable
Languages: Full working knowledge of French and English is essential.