Purpose is a social impact creative agency and strategy consultancy that works with leading charities, foundations, and businesses to implement projects designed to engage and mobilise citizens on a range of social and environmental issues.
Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, and political strategy to build new creative campaigns.
As a Project Manager at Purpose, you will manage the end to end delivery of projects, in close collaboration with the Project Lead(s). You will be coordinating and communicating up, down, and across Purpose and with our clients to ensure that teams meet deadlines and fulfill a project’s scope of work while keeping Purpose accountable and disciplined internally. You will report to Purpose’s Director of Project Management, based in Purpose's New York office.
We are looking for a problem solver that knows every detail of any given project that will serve as the ‘go-to’ for both clients and the Purpose team. You will have strong digital knowledge and be able to take full ownership of projects and all their requirements, from start to finish. You should be a keen team player who is used to balancing multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and eager to learn new skills, someone who can champion our delivery and help build processes that facilitate our expansion.
As a Project Manager, you will manage the day-to-day operational aspects of our projects. Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Define the scope of projects (goals, deliverables, schedule, and budget) for all project deliverables and work with project delivery teams (Strategy, Campaigns and/or Creative) to ensure that goals are met including facilitation of internal and external project meetings and periodic communication of project status to both internal teams, clients and external stakeholders
- Keep projects on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes
- Communicate project progress, issues and resolution to the client and internal team
- Serve as primary client contact, defining the project deliverables and managing expectations
- Help manage communications during the campaign scoping and production process to ensure external and internal stakeholders are aligned
- Manage interdisciplinary teams to evolve creative concepts into clear sets of deliverables
- Acting as a key liaison and solving problems for internal team members, contractors, and clients regarding contracts and projects. Manage third party vendors.
- Report to the Director of Project Management on the timely delivery of local projects in Australia surfacing issues related to staffing, contractors and budgets
- Collect and analyse project data such as project budget finances and staff hours through Purpose’s internal systems (10,000FT) to report on project outcomes
- Closely work with Resource & Operations Managers to confirm staffing plans and allocations; gather critical information to inform and negotiate freelancer and vendor contracts
- Identifying potential project and resource issues and reporting these to appropriate management for consideration in a timely fashion. Giving effect to feedback from management to resolve prospective issues
- Monitoring vendor work output and varying workflow per client/project manager specification
- Manage and communicate with client stakeholders and Purpose teams. Set expectations, align stakeholders and teams, identify roadblocks and escalate as needed.
- Capture feedback during the project to improve processes and make client delivery more efficient/effective with Director of Project Management and Head of Office; lead post project assessments to identify and capture recommendations for future projects
- Running reports and conduct analyses as needed for internal stakeholders
- Managing the filing of all digital project files including contracts, project gantt charts, final client deliverables and works-in-progress in our cloud-based storage system
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- 3+ years of work experience in a client delivery environment (professional services, creative agencies, consulting, or SaaS implementation as examples)
- Demonstrable experience managing client projects, i.e. the development of project plans, delivery milestones, risk management, resource management, budget and financial management, etc.
- A history of successfully managing multiple internal stakeholders (such as an interdisciplinary team of different content specialists across different geographies) to deliver for clients
- Impeccable communication skills (written/verbal/visual) and the ability to be diplomatic under stress
- The ability to correctly prioritise competing needs and make the right trade-offs
- Passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
- Excellent follow-up and organisational skills required
- Familiarity with accounting/math principles
- Flexible to evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
- A personal commitment to improving people's lives and caring for the planet.
- You're committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Experience in a digital agency environment
- A demonstrated track record in the social impact sector