OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The aim of this project is to contribute to the effort of government of Turkey to provide effective, accessible and efficient community based support services for persons with mental disabilities so as to enable their social inclusion. The term “mental disability” refers to both chronic and severe mental disorders and intellectual disabilities.The project would do so by: - assisting in the implementation of an integrated model of community based care services for people with mental disabilities. - supporting evidence based policy making and planning of services for people with mental disabilities.- developing and delivering training modules for a person-centred approach for enhancing a competent workforce.- building upon the achievements of the earlier project “Promoting Services for People with Disabilities”.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
To provide project management function for the implementation of the project “Social Inclusion of Persons with Mental Disabilities in Turkey” in partnership with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Family and Social Policies.To provide project management function for the implementation of the project “Social Inclusion of Persons with Mental Disabilities in Turkey” in partnership with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Family and Social Policies.Ensure the implementation of the Project: “Social Inclusion of Persons with Mental Disabilities” by delivering the following tasks:
Project management and coordination
- Provide project management functions which include planning, organizing activities, monitoring and coordinating the writing of technical narrative reporting and financial reporting as for project agreement and deadlines;
- Ensure that the Project implementation is consistent with the administrative and financial rules and regulations, and reporting requirements of the Organization.
Support to partnerships/stakeholders relationships
- Liaise with local counterparts, the Beneficiary Institutions, and the donor agency, keeping them informed about the implementation status of the project;
- Support the establishment of an effective communication mechanism to ensure the dialogue with the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Family and Social Policies on policies and best practices in mental health in consultation with the Regional Office;
- Manage the establishment of task force for the coordination of project activities and related committees (Steering Committee, Advisory Committee, etc.);
- Facilitate the coordination and collaboration among related institutions, local authorities and NGO's for furthering disability and mental health action;
- Liaise with the Contracting Authority and the MoFSP and MoH on implementation of visibility activities related to the project.
Technical coordination activities
- Coordinate the activities related to need assessment and analysis of existing situation of service delivery system of the MoFSP and MoH (financial and other assets, human resources, staff, legislation; strengths and weaknesses of related sectors);
- Coordinate the activities related to the establishment of a model of community based care and support services specifically suitable for conditions and needs of Turkey;
- Coordinate workforce development activities through development/revision of training curricula, in-service training programmes for existing care and treatment institutions of MoH and MoFSP;
- Disseminate project findings by giving presentations and producing papers;
- Ensure timely technical reporting, in collaboration with project technical staff, to be submitted as for project agreement.
- Perform other duties as required by the WHO Representative/Head of Country Office for the successful implementation of the Project.
- Essential: University degree in business administration, psychiatry, psychology, public health or social sciences.
- Desirable: Post-graduate studies in mental health, business administration and /or public health.
- Essential: At least 5 years national working experience in the field of mental disability, particularly working with policy makers, experts and leading NGOs in field, of which at least 2 years of proven experience in coordinating and managing relevant public health related activities. Proven experience in coordinating policy and workforce development activities.
- Desirable: Experience working in an international context.
Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project management. Sound knowledge of the policy development process in Turkey and the national systems, health education system and policies in the area of mental health. Knowledge of international public mental health. Familiarity with the goals and procedures of international organizations (United Nations system, donors, major non-governmental organizations) and European Union-funded projects in other countries is desirable.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Turkish.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of WHO/EURO language.