Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The temporary Project Manager will support two State Department funded programs operating in the Middle East and contribute to at least one anticipated proposal for a State Department program along with other business development.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Temporary Project Manager will report to the Regional Director and Technical Manager.
- Completed Executive Summary, Technical Narrative, Intermediate Results (IR) sections;
- Draft of country context subsection (e.g., background, coordinating projects) describing the current situation and outlining proposed interventions and technical strategies;
- Draft of annotated outline;
- Proposal draft Technical Approach section;
- Developed Work Plan.
- Completion of all contractual requirements and deliverables;
- Review of project documents such as Activity Sheets, POAs, to Consultant Agreements to ensure compliance with Creative and donor policies;
- Proposed solutions for ad hoc issues that arise based on program need, and compliance requirements.
- Review Draft and Final Proposal Solicitations and advise proposal team on areas of uncertainty requiring clarification from State Department;
- Review background materials and meeting notes from design sessions, and collect technical inputs from field staff to include in proposal;
- Participate in technical meetings, design sessions, and proposal reviews;
- Identify missing information and communicate regularly with Technical Lead;
- Conduct research and provide insight into current context and issues in design sessions;
- Provide recommendations on how to enhance programs in order to strategically address current context;
- Identify and recommend methods for coordinating across existing projects;
- Provide quality control with editing and proofreading over the written product throughout the review process; and
- Support for additional business development as needed.
Program Management Support:
- Serve as a DC-point of contact for the field Program Manager and Chief of Party and provide day-to-day support to the project field team, ensuring completion of all required tasks under the contract.
- Ensure completion and submission of all project deliverables, and ensure all deliverables meet Creative’s quality and technical standards.
- Liaise with Field Operations, Procurement, Human Resources, Finance, and Contracts Units to ensure Creative procedures and practices are instituted and utilized throughout the life of the program.
- Liaise with donor representatives as needed, and respond to donor requests for program information;
- Prepare and/or review Activity Sheets, POAs, Consultant Agreements and other documents that require HQ approval;
- Support development of cost and no-cost extension budgets, and budget realignments as necessary;
- Collaborate with the project staff in the field on programmatic tracking and payment issues as needed; and
- Support for other Creative programs as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 4 years of experience in project management or backstopping international development programs;
- Experience designing and tracking budgets;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, including experience preparing proposals or reports for clients;
- Experience working with and managing a diverse staff;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Experience living in conflict or other high-stress locations;
- Experience with international programs funded by the US Government, United Nations, World Bank, or similar organization; and
- Solid understanding of client regulations and procedures.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree;
- Arabic or Turkish language skills are a plus, but not required.