Project Manager / Technology Uptake Specialist
ICRISAT, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
The role of the Senior Project Manager will include:
- Oversee and manage all project related activities, including coordination of the role of partners and ICRISAT staff in the respective countries to ensure successful implementation of the Project;
- Act as liaison with the USAID offices in Bamako, Accra and Abuja;
- Ensure and manage Project activities in collaboration with other USAID funded projects as well as other ICRISAT projects such as TL III to create synergies in Ghana, Mali and Nigeria;
- Ensure participation in program events and conferences
- Develop and implement annual work plan and budget for the Project;
- Liaise with partners’ institutions and monitor overall implementation of activities with partners
- Prepare and finalize regular reports to the donor (USAID) through proper channels;
- Prepare regular financial report in consultation with Finance offices at ICRISAT
- Organize workshops/meetings as and when needed
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Director, WCA
- PhD in Agricultural extension, Rural Development, Seed technology, agricultural economics, Agricultural Sciences, agronomy, natural resource management, plant breeding, crop protection, , or related social sciences, with at least 7years of experience in agricultural advisory service provision/extension, community-driven development, rural livelihoods, technology exchange, institutional development, gender and poverty analysis with relevant work experience in developing countries.
- Knowledge of farming systems in sub-Saharan Africa (preferably WCA)
- Experience with seed systems, seed delivery and market linkages will be desirable
- Strong leadership skills in managing donor funded projects with excellent track records of previously managed projects and proven record of negotiation skills and project coordination experiences. Strong Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and partners including National Agricultural Research and Extension Systems (NARES), NGOs, Farmer organizations.
- Applicants should have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and French, including a record of international peer‐reviewed publications.
- Conceptual and report writing skills; computer and word processing skills, and knowledge on basic statistical tools and software are essential.
- Experience with working in interdisciplinary team environment and willingness to contribute to team work
- Willingness to travel extensively within the WCA region and internationally
- This is an internationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
How to apply:
- Applicants should apply on or before January 20th, 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff. ICRISAT has a flexible approach to international appointments and welcomes dual-career couples.
To Apply Visit