Project manager Wash and Shelter Iraq
ACTED, Dohuk, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
ACTED has been present in Iraq supporting conflict affected populations since 2004 and currently operates in 15 regions. For the last 4 years, our team of 350 people has been responding to the Syrian refugee and IDP crisis, notably in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, where ACTED supports over 1.5 million people. Our multi-sectoral approach addresses the most urgent needs of internally displaced people and refugees by ensuring their protection, delivering life-saving food assistance, providing shelter and non-food item packages with lifesaving items and improving their living environment in and out of camps through camp management and Water, Hygiene and Sanitation activities.
- The Wash and Shelter Project Manager will work in and oversee ACTED’s Wash and Shelter Projects in Iraq.
- He/she reports immediately to the Area Coordinator concerning any difficulty met in the implementation of his/her activities, in dealing with beneficiaries, authorities or with other stakeholders, or with concern to security
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in relevant sectors
- More generally, the program manager is expected to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organisation, notably through the application of ACTED’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
Project Cycle Management
- More generally, communicate systematically to the relevant Country Coordinator on project progress and planning.
- Provide Relevant Technical Expertise
- Oversee Program Staff and Security
- Identify Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Degree in civil engineering, water engineering, or related courses.
- At least 3 years of experience in project implementation and construction, preferably in an international context.
- At least 3 years of experience in water supply, water quality, sanitation, and related fields.
- Experience in Greenfield sites preferred.
- Experience in refugee camp situations preferred.
- Arabic language preferred.
- Rapid deployment required
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus.
- Additional monthly living allowance.
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse.
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance.
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package.