Project Manager/Team Leader
World Vision , Upper Nile, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Project Manager will provide overall leadership in the implementation of the R-LIFE project in Upper Nile through an integrated approach with Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) and Health services. This position will provide leadership that entails planning, supporting and management of the project so that activities and outputs remain on track and contribute to its main goal of alleviating suffering among disaster affected and vulnerable communities in Upper Nile by improving access to humanitarian assistance.
- Providing strategic leadership and day-to-day management to the integrated portfolio by coordinating with program, finance and administration, logistics and supply chain staff to ensure operational systems are in place to support field activities, ensuring appropriate structures, internal and external standards, staffing, resources and policies as well as all grant requirements are adhered to.
- In conjunction with Finance Manager, ensure grant/project compliance whereby project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with external audit, ensuring high standards of stewardship and accountability for all resources.
- Oversee supply and equipment procurement, acquisition, disposition, and management in compliance with WV internal and donor requirements.
- Develop and maintain an adequate human resource plan consistent with World Vision policies, donor requirements and local laws and ensure proper technical and operational capacity of staff to manage and implement project initiatives.
- Maintain effective project quality assurance mechanisms, including monitoring system for tracking of project progress against indicators, activities and key project milestones, reporting, evaluation, and communication systems, including establishment of standard tools and systems for documentation and information sharing of project progress.
- Supporting the development of proposals to meet needs identified at Area and Community Levels that are aligned with the WV South Sudan Response plan.
- Ensure continuous coordination with stakeholders and communities (e.g. NGOs, UN agencies, government, partners, and donors).
- Establish good and trustworthy relationships with different stakeholders (partners, donors, etc.)
- Attend coordination meetings, sector meetings, partner meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An advanced degree in Civil /WASH Engineering, Sanitation engineering or its equivalence, coupled with related field experiences in project management, and grant management is desirable.
- Holder of the USAID Gateway to Grants (G2G) an added advantage.
- Security training such as Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) by a reputable agency.
- At least five years of professional experience in program management and administration, financial management, and tracking project performance and costs implementing or managing programs involving assessments, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, and evaluation and monitoring.
- Technical expertise in managing an integrated project with Food Security and Livelihoods, Protection, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) and Health services.
- Report writing skills and Support Office/Donor engagement skills are a must.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Ability to travel across the country regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience adhering to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, HAP-I Standard, ECB Good Enough Guide, Sphere Standards (Humanitarian Charter and Participation Standard), donor requirements and WV Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
- Experience and skills in partnership building, especially with the donors, private sector, NGO and local community organizations.
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts.
- Working experience in fragile contexts is strongly desirable.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- At least 5 years experience in Health and WASH project management (design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and evaluation).
- Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
- Partnering skills to negotiate, co-create, coordinate and implement together with other partners.