Under the leadership of the Advisor - Health System, the Project Monitoring Coordinator will be responsible for overall supervision and monitoring of UNFPA support project implementation in Cox’s Bazar to improve access and utilization of quality Family Planning, MR, PAC services for Rohingya Refugees in Bangladesh. S/he will work jointly with the Ipas team members and the partner NGO to ensure timely availability of quality service data and its use in improving service quality and coverage. The Coordinator will also provide necessary support to improve the facility readiness by ensuring availability of tools protocols, logistics, commodities etc. essential to provide MR, PAC and FP services in the Refugee camp clinics and public sectors facilities under project areas.
The Project Monitoring Coordinator will ensure project activities are carried out as per the project work plan, conducts regular facility support visits, and helps to identify and resolve any project issues. The Project Monitoring Coordinator has the ability to support a large and/or complex project and the confidence to take initiative, work independently, and make quick decisions while maintaining a positive and productive attitude in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The position will be located at the project site of Ipas Bangladesh program.
Project Monitoring Coordinator is responsible for coordination and monitoring of the successful implementation of the project in respective Union level centers, Camp Clinics, Upazila in consultation with Advisor- Health System and Senior Advisor II Training and Health System, Ipas. S/he will also work closely with Advisor II - R&E of Ipas.
Supervision and monitoring to ensure facility readiness of the Ipas supported facilities to provide quality FP, MR and PAC services:
- Routine visit of the Ipas supported health facilities and review the status and gaps in facility preparedness to provide quality FP, MR and PAC services
- Plan corrective measures to improve facility readiness and to mitigate the gaps in facility readiness to provide quality FP, MR and PAC services
- Provide leadership in preparing facility specific logistics and commodities need forecast and ensure effective logistic management to ensure uninterrupted supply of MR, PAC and FP commodities.
- Capacity building of the service providers for logistics management specially storing, recording and demand forecasting of SRH commodities for their facilities.
- Identify service provision area selection of the facilities, asses need for site renovation. Visit sites on regular basis and provide necessary inputs in quality improvement according to Ipas tools.
- Coordinate with Ipas CO team, DGFP and UNFPA to ensure proper supply of different program logistics and commodities.
Ensure quality data availability from Ipas supported facilities and use of data
- Assist service providers of Ipas supported facilities for quality record keeping of FP, MR, PAC services provision as per Ipas protocol and guideline
- Ensure availability of all essential protocols, job aids and recording and reporting formats to the providers in Ipas supported facilities
- Provide on-site orientation (formal and on-job) and support for capacity building of the providers to collect and reporting of service data as per SOP
- Routine collection and compilation of data for timely reporting to local health and family planning authority (MIS3, MIS4 and DHIS2), UNFPA reporting software (KoBo Toolbox) and Ipas Country Office
- Analysis of service data and provide feedback to service providers, partner NGO, team members and other program people for taking initiatives to improve service quality and coverage.
- Provide periodic analysis of monitoring report on progress of implementation, challenges, and success and provide necessary feedback for improvement of implementation as well as essential revision of the project implementation modality.
Conduct program learnings documentation including conduction of different assessment, qualitative interviews and case studies
- Jointly with the R&E team of Ipas prepare plan for program learning documentation of the Ipas work in humanitarian settings in Cox’s Bazar and work as per plan.
- Conduct periodic Site Progress Report (SPR) of different facilities supported by Ipas
- Conduct Client Exit Interview in different facilities and provide support for management of the CEI data including analysis and sharing
- Conduct case studies and participate in different assessment activities as per plan
Coordination and collaboration with Ipas team members, Partner NGOs and other stakeholders:
- Coordinate with government officials, partner NGOs, other stakeholders for smooth implementation of project activities in assigned location.
- Arrange joint monitoring visit with government and International agency officials specially donor agencies and Ipas CO and Global office staffs.
- Sharing findings with team members and jointly prepared activities plan for effective management of project.
- Report supervisor and project lead about problem, complication related to service to ensure support of the facilities & providers.
- Any other responsibilities assign by the supervisor for smooth implementation of the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Science/Public Health or relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public health with minimum two years’ experience in sexual reproductive health & rights project.
- Experience to work in humanitarian settings specially in Cox’s Bazar Rohingya Refugee response activities would be considered as an asset.
- Experience and competency in M&E specially data management and evaluation activities are essential for the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill both in English and Bangla
- Competency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PPT) and data management software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willing to extensive travel for program activities including training events, support in facility improvement, supply of logistics, follow-up supervision and monitoring activities.
- Willing to work in hard to reach and conflict areas.
Salary & Benefit
- Annual salary for the position will be BDT 960,000-1,080,000 depending upon experience and qualification. The other admissible benefit for the position will be as follows:
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Festival Bonus
- Gratuity (will be eligible after one year completion of service)
- Health and Life insurance
- Professional development opportunities