Project Officer – Demand Reduction
International Union for Conservation of Nature(IUCN), Hanoi, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
- The main function of this position is to support the coordination and implementation project activities aligned with TRAFFIC’s behavioural change work to reduce consumer demand for illegal wildlife products in Viet Nam. Project activities are aligned with the overall Demand Reduction strategy for TRAFFIC.
- The project officer is expected to implement project activities under the leadership of the Senior Program Officer in Demand Reduction working closely with other key TRAFFIC project staff and external partners. Monitoring project progress and quality, ensuring the delivery of the activities is within expectations and achieving results is paramount.
- An adaptive management approach, flexibility to respond to a changing environment with knowledge of social marketing or social science are important attributes for this position.
The main tasks of the Project Officer will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Provide technical, logistical, and administrative support to project activities under DR Program;
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day implementation of project activities under DR Program;
- Liaise with relevant government counterparts and coordinate with project partners to ensure timely, efficient and effective implementation of project activities;
- Responsible for maintaining and managing a database for all project-related electronic information including pictures, publications and other material;
- Support all communications efforts which help to enhance visibility and promote the efforts of the project;
- Ensure regular reporting of activities to the Senior Program Officer;
- Responsible for the preparation of periodic and final technical reports;
- Develop and assist in preparation of project proposals and funding applications;
- Perform other tasks as part of the DR project or other TRAFFIC projects as required by the Senior Program Officer
Major Outputs/Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery of project activities as part of the project team as outlined in the workplan under the direction of the Senior Program officer;
- Attend team meetings providing updates on project progress and liaise with team streamlining the wide range of project efforts;
- Reporting on project progress to Senior Program Officer on project progress and Head of Office when required.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in project management, social science, psychology, (social)marketing, communications, conservation/environment or other related related fields;
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience in preferably in a marketing, communications or social science field;
- Experience working with an international organization is desirable;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Sound understanding of Vietnamese culture,
- Sound knowledge of and experience working with government organizations operating in Viet Nam;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Excellent command of Vietnamese and English languages;
- Creative, flexible and able to work under pressure;
- The ability to travel to project locations in Viet Nam or internationally when required.
- A passion for the natural world and/or an understanding of conservation and environmental issues
- Committed to not using threatened species wildlife products and be an ambassador for this cause also outside office hours.
- Other necessary traits; lateral and creative thinker; Integrity and supportive; flexible; Team worker; Accountable.
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Viet Nam.