World Vision , Akkar, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The project officer will be responsible for implementation of the WFP in kind distribution project and will engage/support and supervise the target group meanwhile administering the components of the project. Position holder will also provide support in terms of data quality check, reconciliations and other miscellaneous tasks
Major Activities (80%)
- Ensure accurate project database
- Identify and target beneficiaries including data gathering and management;
- Conduct data cleaning and entry including maintenance of the data base;
- Follow up on the running of the daily activities in close coordination with the team leaders and the casual workers;
- Assist the registration process;
- Implement assigned tasks as per the weekly detailed distribution and data gathering implementation plan;
- Comply and abide by WV best practices and donor regulations in distributions and data gathering;
- Inform the team leader of any deviations from the planned activities;
- Purchase items in line with the budget and instructions given by the Programme Manager via the project coordinator;
- Deliver high quality, accurate and timely daily reports;
- File all relevant project documents in line with WV’s requirements for project auditing;
- Support in the donor and partner visits
- Hold information sessions amongst project and WFP staff on findings of the outreach activities;
- Maintain all documentation relating directly to the distribution and to work activities required to ensure that referrals are being done internally and externally when needed
- Prepare the distribution sites in close collaboration with the logistic officer and the local stake holders (owner, municipalities…)
- Participate in Programme evaluation and share trends with Project Manager.
- Action protection mainstreaming standards suggested by the Project Manager.
Work Closely with IMO to ensure the standardization of tools across areas. 10%
- Handle documentation and reporting of the distribution
- Oversee the distributions and ensure that all tools and MoVs are in place.
- Support team leader and the logistic officer in ensuring that all distribution supporting documents are in place (issuance note, return note, Daily distribution report…).
- Support team leader in preparing daily distribution reports as per donor and WV required templates.
- Report any issues/challenges faced at field level to team leader.
- Make sure to refer any protection case to team leader
Perform Other duties as required 10%
- Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- University diploma preferred in economics, business administration, marketing, social work...), Able to use a computer, with word-processing (e.g. Microsoft Office) and spreadsheets, internet and e-mail.
- 2-3 years' experience in NGOs
- Experience in data gathering at household level and focus group discussions;
- Experience in supervision of public works involving large number of workers
- A valid driver’s license (more than 1 year old);
- Good level of English and Arabic (oral and written);