International Organization for Migration, Conakry, Guinea
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating the implementation
of all relevant project activities, including supervision of project support staff, and liaising with
the UN Network on migration in the three countries of implementation, as well as with
government counterparts, the Regional Office and the MPTF Fund Management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitor expenditures and burn rates, follow up on administrative and logistical arrangements,
- and provide technical guidance for the implementation of Joint Programme (JP) in compliance
- with IOM policies and standards, as well as donor requirements.
- Monitor the overall implementation of the JP, providing support and assistance to IOM Liberia
- and Sierra Leone project teams for the timely start-up of the various phases or components of
- the project.
- Coordinate the implementation of JP activities on day-to-day basis in close collaboration with
- the project partners (ITC, WHO, UNDP);
- Contribute to the development of the annual programme/project delivery targets and facilitate
- the achievement of the targets, including the inputs from the project partners.
- Perform project quality assurance activities, including monitoring specific aspects of project
- implementation, identifying problems and proposing action to expedite the delivery of inputs.
- Analyze progress and implementation reports, and identify and document significant project
- events, decisions, problems or deviations, liaising closely with other Country Office units as
- Maintain close working relations with counterparts in the UN Network for Migration Programs
- and other national programmes linked to GCM implementation.
- Contribute to enhancing the visibility of the JP initiatives throughout project implementation
- periods, in close coordination with the CoM/RCO, UNNM and the Communications Unit.
- Facilitate knowledge management and sharing between PUNOs and JP’s stakeholders.
- Draft and coordinate regular project reports in a timely manner to be submitted to the CoM,
- RCO and Donor.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, and project implementation support, as required.
- Coordinate the implementation of the communication and visibility strategy.
- Liaise with other Units (Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Fleet, Security) to facilitate the implementation of the project.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Finance, Project Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project management or finance, preferably in an international non-profit organization;
- Field experience in one of the UN Common System organizations is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in liaising with governments, international organizations and the private sector is an asset;
- Profound knowledge on remittances and financial services is a distinct advantage.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish