European Union, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Officer shall be responsible for the implementation of the Multiannual and Annual Work Plans and the management of the entire project cycle, including dissemination and communication of project results. He/she is involved in the organisation of calls for proposals and their evaluations, and in the grant agreement preparation of the proposals selected for funding. He/she shall deal with the European Union procedures linked to the H2020 and future Horizon Europe programmes. The post will also entail contacts with Industry and Research Communities, as well the involvement in other horizontal activities linked to the core objectives of the Joint Undertaking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Officer shall in particular be responsible for:
- Following-up the projects’ implementation, monitoring their contractual obligations via the supervision of reporting activities, conducting checks and reviews with the support of external experts, attending project meetings and dealing with Grant Agreement amendment requests;
- Providing reasonable assurance with the "certified correct" that claimed costs are in line with the Grant Agreement and the principles of sound financial management for the projects under his/her responsibility, and that payments are executed timely and according to the Time-to-Pay deadlines;
- Ensuring the timely delivery of project results as well as their communication and dissemination;
- Contributing to the promotion of BBI JU activities through active participation to info sessions, to networking events and other communication events;
- Supporting the evaluation of the call for proposals by selecting appropriate experts, actively moderating the consensus meetings of the submitted proposals and preparing the ranking panels for the topics under his/her responsibility;
- Contributing to the Call Coordination process, if needed;
- Ensuring timely preparation of the Grant Agreements with the support of financial and legal staff, leading to Grant Agreement signature in accordance with the rules and respecting the set Time-To-Grant deadlines;
- Contributing to the BBI JU annual activity report drafting in areas under his/her direct responsibility;
- Contributing to horizontal activities related to the objectives of BBI JU when requested;
- Undertaking additional tasks as required in the interests of the service.
- Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following criteria to be fulfilled by the closing date for applications.
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages to the extent necessary for the performance of their duties (candidates are invited to specify in their CV any language certificates they have obtained which can demonstrate their language skills);
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma.
- Candidates selected based on the above eligibility criteria will then be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
Essential qualifications and experience
- Proven professional experience of at least three years in project management following the award of the diploma;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (native English speakers will be required to demonstrate the ability to work in a second language at the interview stage);
- Excellent knowledge of standard computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
Advantageous qualifications and experience
- University studies (including PhD) in fields relevant to the activities of the BBI JU;
- Professional experience in managing research programs at EU level (particularly H2020), at national or international level;
- Knowledge of IT tools used in the European institutions, such as COMPASS, SYGMA, ABAC and ARES;
- Knowledge of the bio-based industries sector;
- Professional experience in a similar position in a European institution.