International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Officer will provide mid-level project activity support to the Egypt field office.
- Remain informed and updated on all election related developments.
- Work with other staff members to ensure timely execution of project activities within the allocated budget and support specific project activities as needed;
- Ensure progress and documentation of on-going and completed activities, major project developments and issues, as well as challenges for immediate management attention;
- In coordination with HQ and IFES/Egypt staff, support the development of IFES work plans, performance monitoring plans, as well as all project-reporting requirements.
- Support technical specialists with coordination and development of briefing/training documents and materials for programmatic activities;
- Represent IFES as required in external meetings and maintain good relationships with key local and international electoral stakeholders;
- Provide required support to and coordination with civil society partners, government institutions, research centers, and the judiciary.
- Participate in handling procurement actions related to programmatic activities. This includes drafting of programmatic RFQs/RFPs, scopes of work, as well as selection memos of vendors.
- Participate in delivering training sessions as necessary.
- Communicate with vendors on programmatic related activities. This includes hotels for carrying out workshops, vendors providing programmatic services, as well as technical consultants working on programmatic activities.
- Provide ad hoc translation/interpretation and assist in editing/reviewing project material; English/Arabic and Arabic/English;
- In-country travel as necessary to monitor IFES events;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Skills needed:
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science or public administration or related fields.
- 4-6 years of experience working with international NGOs/organizations on implementation of international technical assistance programs, preferably in the area of democracy and governance and/or elections;
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs;
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
- Fluency in English and Arabic language required.