Purpose of the position:
To plan, implement, monitor and document all the Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) activities within Soin Area Development Program as per the proposal. Provide necessary technical support, related training, follow-up, and guidance to the staff and farmers youth and women groups under FMNR and provide feedback and reports to the Project manager and Cluster manager including National Office as when required.
In order to successfully do so, the project officer – FMNR Project must be able to effectively Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Project Implementation and Monitoring 65%:
- Responsible for the in the implementation of the all activities in the FMNR project
- Train the partners, selected groups and community members on the various recommended focal areas (FMNR, Climate smart agriculture, Sustainable energy options, soil and water conservation, advocacy and policy influence etc).
- Contribute to effective and timely implementation of all FMNR level interventions and initiatives with communities and partners;
- Provide supervision to – Community Mobilizer - and effectively manage performance - to ensure FMNR project objectives are met
- Ensure that all FMNR initiatives within the project’s area of influence meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with the projects guidelines;
- Collaborate with Project manager, Regional M & E and Capacity Building Coordinator, and the Technical Specialist – Environment and Climate Change to effectively support the project to carry out all measurements – baselines, assessments, designs, monitoring and evaluations - in accordance with WV established standards, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate with the Project manager and Regional M & E Coordinator to ensure that appropriate controls, monitoring and evaluation tools are in place and being utilized in a timely manner in every FMNR measurement ,
- Support the Area Development Program with FMNR project and region in the event of any disaster and/or crisis response when called upon to do so;
- Monitor and support the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all FMNR related project interventions as well as ensure effective and timely response plans to all financial audit findings of FMNR initiatives and take the needed measures to prevent such findings from recurring in the future;
- Conduct on site FMNR trainings.
- Organize and coordinate farmers FMNR exposure tours
- Support community/ Farmers Capacity building on alternative livelihood options.
- Participate in proposal development and resource mobilization.
Reporting and Documentations 30%:
- Compile the necessary monthly, quarterly and annual reports for forwarding to the Project manager, Livelihoods & Resilience Officer and National Office
- Attend the regular weekly and monthly planning meetings at called upon.
- Regularly document success stories/innovation for sharing across the partnership
- Develop context specific electronic and live media communications on FMNR and NRM activities.
- Ensure the Project design document is updated as per Design, Monitoring and Evaluation standards.
Others 5%: Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Cluster manager, Project manager or designee;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- The job holder must have at least a Degree in Natural Resource Management or Agro-forestry or related
- At least two years’ on job experience on Natural resource management or Agro-Forestry and with some experience on Agriculture.
- Experience working with NGOs will be an added advantage.
- Must have a good understanding of the different systems of extension delivery.
- Computer literate