Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a Project Officer - Finance and Administration for the newly-awarded Investment Support Facility (ISF) for Smallholder Inclusive Transactions in Malawi. The underlying motivation for the project is the critical role that investment and working capital need to play in markets to drive Malawi's agricultural transformation and growth. The ISF, a key project under the Agricultural Transformation Initiative (ATI), aims to facilitate the packaging of investor-grade transactions, while supporting the development of inclusive, gender-equitable business models that integrate smallholder farmers.
The Project Officer - Finance and Administration will be responsible for managing and directing the financial accounting, administration, and reporting of the project, as well as providing administrative, communications and knowledge management support to the ISF Team Leader. S/he will report to the Team Leader, and maintain close coordination with the Home Office Operations Manager, and Project Manager.
- Maintain financial and accounting systems and procedures in accordance with Palladium policies
- Examine financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, expense reports and purchase orders to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability, and validity of financial data
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly and quarterly accruals, projections, and other financial reports as needed
- Ensure that accounting documents are filed on a timely basis and that proper accounting records are maintained and compatible with standard accounting practice
- Perform bank reconciliations on a regular basis and prepare reconciliation statements for all bank accounts; ensure discrepancies are accurately identified and reconciled
- Update vouchers and accounting records in the system and perform quality control and check over suppliers' bills/invoices to ensure calculations are correct and complete
- Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with Team Lead and Home Office Project Management Unit
- Maintain a tracker of program advances and follow-up for timely reconciliation of advances
- Process payments in line with client and Palladium processes and procedures
- Provide any other financial information, as requested, and respond to any other financial queries
- Undertake procurement for office supplies and logistics services, as well as other procurement needs that may arise
- Maintain a register of preferred suppliers and vendors
- Maintain a register of signed agreements with vendors or individuals, including monitoring contract ceilings and end dates
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and an asset register of program assets, undertaking a full asset register review a minimum of annually
- Coordinate any maintenance needs for program equipment
- Provide logistics support to the Team Leader, international visitors and consultants engaged on the program, including but not limited to, arranging transportation and making hotel reservations.
- Coordinate events logistics under the supervision of the Team Leader
- Other administrative duties, as assigned by the Team Leader
Communications and Knowledge Management:
- Assisting the Team Leader with project reporting
- Maintaining program filling including financial, operational, M&E and technical documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject (Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, etc.) and at least 5 years of financial management experience
- Microsoft office suite proficiency and the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to manage confidential information
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, service providers, and clients