World Vision, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of Position
To ensure successful implementation and monitoring of the Youth and Disability Inclusion Project that is aimed at improving livelihood opportunities for vulnerable youth living with disabilities.
Project implementation 40%
- Facilitate the mobilisation, identification and pre-screening of vulnerable youth living with disabilities for employability training and coaching program.
- Support trainings on mentoring and coaching in soft skills, financial literacy and other relevant skills in order to equip and motivate the youths in the uptake of available relevant employment opportunities.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of all project interventions as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impacts.
- Coordinate the disability accessibility assessment and support readiness and inclusion for hotels and staff in the project.
- Establish operational priorities and monitor monthly project performance against targets
- Ensure that project interventions are integrated with other projects within the Area Program.
- Facilitate identification of partners, processes and systems for employment linkages for the program graduates
- Follow up with hotels institution to discuss any issues with training students with disability
- Facilitate pastoral support as necessary, and monitor students during the project period.
Quality Assurance - Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation, 35%
- Participate in the development of the project design and ensure compliance with WVK and donor guidelines and standards.
- Ensure individual assessment reports are conducted for each learner and safeguarded for only use by the hotel in improving the working environment youth with disability.
- Ensure that project initiatives meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with WVK, the donor and other relevant partnership and international standards and guidelines;
- Ensure consistent monitoring of students throughout their education and post training period to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Ensure timely and appropriate utilization of the budgeted project resources.
- Ensure proper application of business processes, standards and guidelines related to the project in accordance with the donor requirements.
- Ensure that the project achieves acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing activities in accordance with established norm and policies.
- Ensure that, in general, project monitoring arrangements comply with the project agreement and, in particular, the provisions of this agreement are fully observed in the design of project M&E.
- Ensure quality monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual reports are compiled and submitted in a timely manner in line with the donor requirements.
- Report basic programmatic information periodically to WVK and donor
Advocacy, Engagement, Networks & Partnerships, 20%
- Ensure adequate representation with the donor, government of Kenya officials, private sector, civil society groups, including educational institutions, People with Disability Organization (DPO), Private Sector, faith-based groups and youth associations.
- Ensure close working collaboration with key Government line ministries and other like-minded partners.
- Develop timely and accurate similar funding proposal in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with sector specialists.
- Effectively advocate for the project to ensure visibility and timely implementation of interventions
- Explore linkages for the youth project for employment and economic empowerment
- Any Other duty 5%
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Special needs Education, Development Studies, Social Work, Psychology or a closely related field from a recognized University.
- Must have a minimum of two years relevant experience with regards to designing, planning, implementation and reporting on disability programming, integrated development, relief and/or advocacy.
- Experience in youth livelihoods development programming with focus on Gender, Disability and social inclusion.
- Have practical skills in research, monitoring and evaluation, training and report writing
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in Advocacy, Community Development with strong partnership with GoK ministries and other relevant stakeholders like private companies and corporate bodies
- Passionate about youth empowerment and disability initiatives