PROJECT OFFICER HIGHER EDUCATION
Spark, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
The Project Officer (PO) will be assigned to work under supervision of the Higher Education Turkey Project Coordinator on implementation of the large structural programme addressing educational needs of Syrian Students living in Turkey. PO will be based in Gaziantep.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate SPARK Scholarships with Universities and Higher Education
- Institutions in Turkey;
- Under supervision of the Turkey Project Coordinator , ensure smooth progress of organizational and logistical matters linked to the project;
- Establish and maintain contacts with relevant stakeholders from the educational sector;
- In consultation with the Turkey Project Coordinator, maintain relations with the cooperation partners, especially local universities and educational CSOs;
- Leads Leadership and Development
- Provide organizational and logistical support for other missions and ongoing activities in the region;
- Main focal point and support point for scholarship holders;
- Other key administrative tasks.
Requirements and Skills
- BA or Master Degree in relevant department
- Practical experience in a prior comparable position is an advantage,
- Thorough knowledge of the political and economic situation in Turkey and MENA, Background in education is an asset;
- Minimum 1-3 years practical experience in a prior comparable position in NGOs.
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Proven IT skills;
- Accurate, structured and precise;
- Flexible, responsible, proactive and being able to work under high workload/pressure
- Advanced English and Native Arabic (strong reading ,writing and speaking skills in both language);
- Knowledge of Turkish is an asset (at least C1 level)
- Strong writing and reporting skills;
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting with young generation;
- Gender awareness;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions;
- Turkish nationality only.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1.000 EUR – 1.400 EUR net per month;
- Full-time contract for 12 months (3 months’ probation period), with possibility of extension.
- Training opportunities