Project Officer II - Foods & Livelihoods
World Vision, Doolow, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
For Somalia Residents Only
World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities. World Vision Somalia Program wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented Somalia Residents to fill the following vacancy to be based in Dollow Office.
Project Officer II-Food Security & Livelihood
Purpose of the Position:
To support farmers in the field/farm by ensuring better farming practices, better food crop production and harvest while contributing to improved food and livelihood security for child wellbeing.
- The Position holder will undertake capacity building and mentoring of communities and partners by organizing & facilitating trainings for Community Groups & implementing partners on Crop Production, Soil and Water Management, Pest Management, Post-Harvest handling techniques and Marketing.
- With the help of the Project Coordinator facilitate timely, accountable project planning and implementation by developing project planning tools like DIPs, Cash Flows, ITT, Issue Logs and etc.
- The incumbent will ensure quality, accurate and timely reporting is done by submitting progressive up-dates for MMR and 4Ws and Project Monitoring Reports.
- She/he will promote accountability, compliance and good stewardship by supporting awareness and implementation of WV Policies and Procedures to staffs members and Partners.
- Foster external and internal engagement to promote awareness of the program, support fund-raising efforts, and facilitate coordination
- Strong organizational skills, versatility, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Basic to Intermediate English language and fluency in local languages spoken in the working area.
- Able to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Project Officer must have good time management, multitasking skills
- Good team work and leadership skills are essential in order to motivate different groups of people to fulfill their responsibilities within a given time frame.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Plant breeding, Horticulture, Agricultural extension, Agribusiness Management Studies or closely related field from a reputable and recognized University /College.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a related job.
- Practical experience in Crop Production, Soil and Water Management, Pest Management, Post-Harvest handling techniques and Marketing. In-depth knowledge of Agronomy, cropping calendar and recommended/preferred seed varieties in operational areas is a must.
- Practical experience in Farmer Extension methodologies is a must
- Practical experience in Theory & practical training of Community Based Farmer groups
- Practical experience in Theory & practical training of Saving groups
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired- especially in the realms of community engagement and project-cycle management
- Proven experience in technical surveying, project designing, implementation
- Good knowledge of SPHERE standards.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, Power point and Technical Drawing Packages.
- Experience in community based participatory development approaches strongly desired
- Financial management (Non-Finance managers.)
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in Relief and Development work