Project Officer/ Project Associate
Public Health Foundation of India, Bengaluru, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. They are helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health.
Position: Project Officer/ Project Associate
- The project would attempt to design and facilitate the adoption of alternate model(s) for responding to the critical shortage of medical specialists in select states. Medical specialists are scarce in India, and the numbers are disproportionately lower in the public sector, at the Community Health Centre (CHC) level and above.
- Provide programmatic and administrative support to the PI of the project and other members of project team in setting up meetings and discussions with various stakeholders at state level.
- Facilitate Project Team and Supervisors for handling the day-to-day implementation of all project technical and administrative activities.
- Assist supervisor in administrative functions and ensure timelines across the project period.
- Facilitate in keeping tack and ensure timely meetings.
- Assist Project PI and project team in development of draft reports and other documentation as needed.
- Facilitate in documenting all activities related to this project, including capacity building, research and training, advocacy.
- Facilitate in documenting the meeting as per the guidance and supervision of PI.
- Assist Project PI in development of progress reports and update on a quarterly basis or more frequently if required.
- Assist PI and project team in development of draft reports and other documentation as needed.
- Facilitate Project PI in developing write-ups as and when required for various activities including workshops, conferences, reports, media communication, etc.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: Master’s degree in Public Health, Management, AYUSH and Social Sciences.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in public health OR project management.
- Experience of working with senior officials at state government/s, academic partners of national repute, collaborators and/or funders etc.
- Experience of assisting in related projects.
- Experience in coordinating training/teaching-related activities as part of a larger teaching/research organization in public health education.
- Proficiency in Kannada will be preferred.