European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Tirana, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria, contributing to SBS and banking business development.
- Proactively diagnose clients’ business that need assistance from international advisors, identify priority areas for business advice and help them to identify suitably international industry experts.
- Carrying out the selection of the international advisors and any specialists, as well as putting in place necessary logistical arrangements for them.
- Together with the client and selected experts, develop the project objectives and project work plan in line with SBS best practices.
- Apply the grant guidelines in finalising Grant Agreements with clients and assist them in negotiating underlying consultancy contracts with selected consultants or experts.
- Manage project implementation to ensure consultants deliver in accordance with the terms of reference and ensure continued client engagement to the project and prepare relevant reports in line with the project cycle, ensuring necessary supporting documentation is collected.
- Monitoring the progress of projects with international industry experts, including regular visits to the enterprise and regular associated reporting to the donor and SBS HQ Team.
- Receiving, reviewing and distribution of international advisors visit reports to the enterprise.
- Recommend project completion and subsequent disbursement of the grant to the client to the National Programme Manager/HRP.
- Evaluate completed projects in accordance with established methodology in order to assess impact and provide analytical input for further analysis.
- Identify new local consultants to recommend to the National Programme Manager for qualification and manage relations with existing consultants and organisations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for SBS projects; Implement annual consultant review and regularly monitor developments in local consultancy market.
- Implement marketing and visibility activities to promote SBS and the funding donor/s in the country. Under the guidance of the National Programme Manager, support the implementation of Sector Development Activities and/or dissemination seminars aimed to disseminate best practices within sectors.
- Contribute to the development of internal and donor reports in partnership with the SBS HQ team to inform donors on the progress of activities and utilisation of funding.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Economics, Finance etc.) and/or equivalent business experience
- Relevant professional experience, preferably from commercial management consultancy, corporates or bank, donor organisation, or international support programme.
- Knowledge of local business environment and consultancy market.
- Knowledge of business advisory services.
- Knowledge of donor funded work, donor organisations and national stakeholders such as regional development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry and other SME support organisations desirable.
- Strong business diagnostics skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, understanding of enterprise financials desirable.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to manage relations with clients and consultants.
- Strong writing skills; experience in writing project proposals, terms of references or reports desirable.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in language of country of operations.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Business / financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding of local accounting principles and practice of company financial analysis.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate, passionate about private sector development.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Multi-tasking, self initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the country and internationally.