About the job:
European Union Aid Volunteers (EUAV) has been awarded the Humanitarian Operation Platform for EUAV (HOPE) project to the DRC, and the implementation kick-started in mid-October 2018. HOPE will, over a 19 months period, contribute to strengthening the European Union’s capacity to deliver a timely, effective and accountable needs-based humanitarian aid.
Recruitment and training of volunteers will be key. An expected total of 62 volunteers will be deployed for an average of 6 months. They will be juniors and seniors with profiles mainly in protection, information management, M&E, accountability and support functions.
We are looking for a full-time Project Specialist in the DRC SBR team, who will be a cornerstone of the work on succeeding with the implementation of HOPE and will take upon a key role in this regard.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Responsible for 50% of the EUAV deployments.
- Responsible for all tasks related to practical deployment of EUAVs to host organizations in specific countries. This includes facilitation of contracts, booking of return flight tickets to duty station, support the EUAVs in visa application procedures, briefing the EUAVs during the pre-deployment phase, support during deployment, participating in the debriefing and performance evaluation upon return as well as other practical tasks related to the deployment.
- Develop volunteers’ learning and development plans.
- Develop reports’ templates (Arrival, End of mission, Performance Evaluation, and feedback from the HO)
- Develop necessary documents (Deployment Information Sheet, housing policy etc.) based on the existing ones in the SBR
- Liaise with the DRC HQ units to ensure knowledge transfer during apprenticeships (overall responsible).
- Finalize the performance management system to monitor and assess the EUAVs’ individual performance and roll it out and include it in DRC procedures.
- Responsible for the organization (including administrative tasks) and co facilitation of induction trainings and debriefings with EUAVs.
Recruitment: Assist with screening and interviewing of candidates for selected countries.
- Monthly control of partners financial reporting.
- Monthly registration of DRC costs in the DRC and EU financial systems and templates.
- Conduct monitoring missions.
- Possible other ad hoc and backstopping tasks to be expected across the DRC SBR.
- Contribute to the strategic cooperation and development of the DRC SBR including across the division, DRC proper and externally
- Support the implementation of Dynamics
- The Project Specialist will report to the Head of the DRC Stand-by Roster but will be working in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator leading the Consortium Coordination Unit, the other EUAV Project Specialist as well as the entire DRC SBR team.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with individuals and groups and to maintain networks. You must be able to work autonomously, to take initiative and pro-actively engage with others.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communication, Social/Political Sciences, International development/relations or other relevant field s discipline from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Human resource management preferably experience from humanitarian organizations
- Previous experience on working with staff welfare, in particular for remote staff deployed to the field (NGOs and UN)
- Experience with financial management preferably grants management in a humanitarian or development setting
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent English oral and writing skills
- A systematic mindset and good attention to detail
- Flair for budgets and numbers
- The ability to work under time pressure with many simultaneous tasks
- Solid experience with writing reports