Background Information - Job-specific
DFID has contracted UNOPS to carry out a “Project Coordination” Project in close cooperation with DFID leadership. DFID through UNOPS will work closely with the new provincial and local Government to coordinate programmes in the provinces and provide technical assistance, as appropriate.
Under the guidance and supervision of Head of Provincial Project Office, the Project Support Assistant provides a variety of support activities in the field of administration, finance, human resources, procurement and logistics, ensuring high quality of work for the project and the adoption of UNOPS’ mandatory and recommended procedures.
Administration and Human Resources
- Contact with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter/translator when required;
- Maintain filing system, reference materials and confidential records as required;
- Petty cash management for the project;
- Prepare TRIP requests, draft Travel Authorisations, draft and reconcile TECs.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the administrative and HR budget plan for the office
- Review and monitor of expenditures against the administrative and HR budget for the office, bringing to the attention of the supervisor any problem or discrepancy that warrants further review.
- Support HR in onboarding of new hires- processing of ID cards, supplier profile, mandatory training
Procurement and Logistics:
- Track the project procured materials from the suppliers to the end users. Check all invoices and attach all supporting documents before submitting for payments to finance section;
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of project’s stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff/personnel and keeping a log of distribution.
- Prepare RIR on received goods when needed
- Prepare budgets for review and approval;
- Prepare and update ad hoc, or regular expenditure reports as requested;
- Conduct Bank reconciliation when required
- Administer third party and advances and payment requests;
- Support issuance of Grant Support Agreements and monitor their implementation, collect status reports from the Grantee(s), including financial reports, and liaise with the Head of Provincial Project Office.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assist in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Act as administrator/custodian for Operational Advance when required
Monitoring, reporting and communication:
- Assist the Head of Provincial Project Office in the preparation of project completion reports and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Assist Head of Provincial Project Office in follow up of project quality indicators and supports monthly assurance tasks.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Head of Provincial Project Office.
- Provide support for the Project communication and visibility activities.
- High school diploma is required;
- Bachelor's degree preferably in project management, business administration, finance, human resources or related field will be considered as an asset.
- Five years of experience in project support functions or administrative function is required in combination with a high school diploma, or, Bachelor’s degree with one year of relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of computers, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) is required;
- Experience with UN and/or UNOPS administrative management systems will be considered as an asset.
Language: Proficiency in spoken and written Nepali and English is required.