Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 37 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The Project Support manager will provide support in planning and completing project-related activities, and initiate project/program tasks with minimum supervision and create/disseminate information to project team.
Management and Coordination
- Supports and/or plans and organizes the management of a project or series of activities or a definable piece of a larger program for successful completion and performance consistent with contractual requirements.
- Provides technical assistance or manages a project for efficient and economical business
- Supports other Managers to ensure satisfactory completion of project objectives
- Designs and constructs Work Breakdown Schedules (WBS) to support the overall project
- Recognizes and pursues changes in project scope and/or workload.
- Provides status to Senior Project Coordinator and approaches on solution to problems of the project
- Work in close coordination with Senior Project Coordinator, Manager Information and Business Strategy in arranging and attending meetings; supporting in training arrangements and module development.
- Reports all the activities to Senior Project Coordinator
- Any other business/task assigned by Program Coordinator
Representation and Communication
- Effectively represent the project at different forums/levels both internally and externally.
- Have open and ongoing dialogue with the project stakeholders on IVAP usage.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of advocacy on project findings in different implementation areas.
Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
- Lead annual review of the project with support from Senior Project Coordinator and other project staff.
- Produce and submit high quality donor reports.
- Lead documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging practices from the project internally and externally with the wider stakeholder audience.
- Ensure maintenance of project documentation at all levels.
- Work closely with project team to:
- Coordinate and prepare activity wise budget forecasts;
- Monitor expenditure of budgets against planned activities and project progress
- Prepare financial reports for the donor with support from Finance Department
- Address budget problems in over or under spending, budget amendments etc and communicate to all concerned.
- Participate in program coordination meeting and progress against activities and budget
Education: Master degree in Management Sciences, or relevant field.
- At least 05 (five) years project/program management and operations experience including budget management
- Proven experience in developing and managing effective vocational-technical skills training; job creation; business development services; and youth employment projects in Pakistan
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders including UN, INGOs and Government
- Experience in donor reporting (preferably with DFID)
- Understanding and experience of monitoring & evaluation techniques, knowledge and understanding of value chain analysis techniques and experience is preferable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Lead with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – Global Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Language Skills: Good written and spoken English and Urdu skills; regional language skills will be a plus.
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows, MS office programs, email programs, etc.
- Willingness to travel outside Islamabad to field sites under demanding conditions.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children
- IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.