Project Technical Officer
National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, Assam, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT), a permanent institute under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), is an internationally recognized institution for Tuberculosis (TB) research. They are a Supranational Reference Laboratory and a WHO Collaborating Centre for TB Research and Training.
Position: Project Technical Officer (Senior Technical Assistant)
Job specifications / responsibilities:
- Get trained in Protocol of National TB Prevalence Survey, India 2017 -18 as well as SOPs and training manuals.
- Assist Senior Investigator in training & sensitizations as well as other preparatory activities for the survey.
- Lead survey cluster activities in the absence of Senior Investigator.
- Take handover from Senior Investigator (when he/she is moving to next cluster for planning) and continue coordination activities in current activities.
- Hand over the cluster activity status, pending and follow-up activity details with local RNTCP staff and officials.
- Coordination & supervision of all activities in the cluster during survey including enumeration, enrolment of eligible, interview of participants, X- Ray of all participants, Blood and sputum collection, maintaining cold-chain, transportation etc.
- Use IT system for daily monitoring of progress and take timely corrective action for maintain highest quality and participation & completion of survey activities.
- Establishing coordination and support from local health facilities and authorities for survey activities.
- Ensure that electronic attendance register is maintained for Survey Team as well as supervisory officers, support staff etc. for each cluster.
- Any other job as assigned by Survey PMU.
- Graduate in Science from a recognized University with 5 years’ work experience in a recognized institution (or)
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology/Public Health from a recognized University.
- Three years of Research Experience
- Any Survey/Field experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in RNTCP.
- Upper age limit: 30 years