Watan Syria, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
The Proposal Writer will be responsible for the management of all grants and technical assistance disbursed under the Programs team and for the coordination of the funds management function.
- To write proposals for all programs in cooperation with the program managers (PM). Reporting to the International Relations Manager, information about RFP’s is obtained and program information is got from PM in order to generate a quality proposal to submit to the donor, meeting all their pre-requisites.
- Lead the writing of responsive and high-quality proposal sections (technical approach, activities, work/implementation plan, management plan, monitoring and evaluation plan, and results frameworks) in accordance with bid-specific action plans.
- Review concept notes and supporting documentation to ensure completeness, consistency and adherence to the donor’s terms.
- Review project budgets and advise the team leader accordingly.
- Review the Risk Assessment Reports to identify key risk areas and identify solutions
- Conduct the Go/No Go process
- Review, analyse and assess grantees performance against KPIs as per grant agreement.
- Review grantees’ financial reports and request any additional supporting documentation.
- Conduct project expenditure verification and audit.
- Serve as Relationship Manager for a select few grantees who necessitate strong financial oversight due to the size or risk profile of the grant- including being the first point of contact for such grantees and managing relationships between assigned grantees and the program.
- Preparation of the grant allocation, disbursements and forecast schedules as required.
- Tracking all financial disbursements to grantees.
- Review of site visit reports and following up on action points with line manager.
- Review and integrate all background materials (including program strategy documents, previous proposals and reports, Requests for Applications (RFAs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), Annual Program Statements (APSs), and other solicitation documents) to ensure that the technical application is compliant with all technical and formatting requirements.
- Review, revise, edit, and improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials produced by Hub Centers.
Proposal Management Policies and Procedures:
- Focusing on continual improvement in the grant processes and ensuring at all times that the function is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring that the Grants Manual is up to date based on policies and procedures of WATAN.
Training, Supervision and Leadership:
- Training, supervision and coaching of the program team in proposal writing.
- Working with Business Development department in making sure that their relevant portfolio is well managed and up to date.
- Lead or support the preparation and delivery of proposal design workshops.
- Apply the needed coaching after the training for the targeted trainees
- University qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or similar fields, preferably at postgraduate level.
- Professional qualification in accountancy.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in similar functions.
- Experience of working with relevant organisations and programs, including Government, Civil Society Organizations and Development Partners and management of donors funded programs managing grantees.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good team leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage completion priorities.
- Outstanding team player and willingness to learn and support learning of others.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic are essential