Background Information - UNOPS:
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us: UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization: UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
- The Proposal Writer(s) will support UNOPS Business Development efforts by writing, editing, and producing competitive and high quality proposals and concept papers, both unsolicited and solicited for UNOPS partners and major international donors and other UN entities.
- The Proposal Writer(s) will be responsible for the coordination and/or drafting and/or quality and compliance review of competitive proposals in different areas and for different types of services such as infrastructure (water and sanitation, transportation networks, shelter as well as education and health facilities), environment, and technical assistance in procurement and project management. The proposal writer(s) should be able to manage multiple assignments under time pressure.
- In coordination with Country Offices, Regional Offices, Headquarters groups the proposal writer(s) will be responsible for:
- Project managing the development and writing of high quality concept notes, proposals and budgets
- Signing of proposals to ensure their quality and compliance with donor requirements.
Education: Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration, or related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in proposal and/or grant writing required, preferably within a services-based organization;
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing, preferably with donors, UN agencies and other major donors within the development sector;
- Experience with international organizations or public institutions is also considered an asset.
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail when handling information;
- Computer literate, in particular MS Word, Excel and Power Point is required.
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Nepali is an asset.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Manages relationships internally and externally efficiently and professionally;
- Ability to adapt to changing task, priorities and conditions;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office through different channels;
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Effective networking skills