Proposal Writing Coordinator
Save the Children, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Proposal Writing Coordinator will serve as the primary coordinator for proposal development. S/he will also ensure appropriate consultation with the country team during preparation and submission, and provide capacity-building support to staff where required specifically on proposal development. S/he will work closely with the technical teams (in PDQ and in PI), the Emergency team, field staff, and the staff in Supply Chain, HR, Security, Finance, and Awards. S/he will also carry out periodical donor mapping and update funding opportunity tracker in consultati on with PDQ, Awards, and various SC account holders.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum five years of experience with a master’s degree in an NGO or similar environment, including experience developing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts.
- Preferred degree in program or NGO management, development studies, or related field.
- Solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: Education, FS/L, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, in development and emergencies
- Practical experience and successful track record in writing and leading proposals for a variety of donors, particularly EU/ECHO, USAID, DFID, private sector foundations, and UNICEF
- Good knowledge of the development and emergency donor environment and expectations in South Sudan preferred
- Good knowledge of the landscape of implementing partners and government structures in South Sudan preferred.
- Proven experience in developing local partnerships for projects.
- Familiarity with project design methods and tools (including assessments, logical frameworks, and work planning) and a strong appreciation for innovation and partnership as part of project development.
- Good analytical skills, effective negotiator, with proven ability to positively influence cross-departmental and cross-sector working.
- Experience in developing and working with project budgets
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles
- Information Communication Technology literate.