Prorgamme Officer (Social Protection and Safety net)
World Food Programme(WFP), Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
- Support the formulation of programme policies related to social protection and safety nets in line with both organizational strategies and the practical realities of operating in the field.
- Provide specialized support across the programme cycle to the Programme Unit, with a specific focus on social protection and safety net programming, ensuring that the activities are performed within the established objectives and follow WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Develop operational partnerships and identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data for social protection and safety net work streams and ensure consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Participate in different forums on subjects related to food security, social protection and resilience building.
- Support the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information products or proposals for internal and/or external use.
- Monitor allocated resources to ensure they are used efficiently and are in line with agreed plans.
- Conduct timely monitoring and evaluation of activities and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s operations and performance to inform efficient operational planning and decisions.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, civil societies, beneficiaries and other partners to improve programmes and policies on social protection and safety net programmes.
- Provide support to programme staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Proactively incorporate gender, age, disability and protection perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation and equitable access to assistance of all beneficiaries.
- Other tasks as required and assigned by the supervisor or the senior management.
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least 3 years of relative experience.
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Turkish
- Arabic language considered an asset
Nationality and Residency:
- The applicant should be either a Turkish national or have a valid Turkish residence at the time of application.