About the Job
To provide high-quality case-management services to people at risk, and to mitigate the negative of effects protection issues on individuals, and contribute to the improvement of the overall protective environment.
Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land & property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention, registration services for the internally displaced and refugees, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising, facilitation of return and repatriation processes.
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Identify PoCs with vulnerabilities and provide case management (identification, assessment, case implementation, data entry, referral, follow-up, feedback etc, maintaining strict protocols for safety, international and national standards and procedures, confidentiality and consent;
- • Follow work plans and guidelines
- • Ensure the maintenance and regular update of case management database and other relevant trackers and maintain detailed physical case-files.
- • Gather case-data for review when required
- • Liaise with external agencies in order to facilitate the receipt of internal and external referrals;
- • Develop and maintain effective working relationships, with other DRC departments;
To be successful in this role, you must have a diploma or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- English proficiency
- Fluency in Turkish and Arabic
- Experience working in the humanitarian field (preferably experience from southern Turkey)
- Experience in protection activities and/or social or health sector.
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Experience working with Syrian refugees
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn from others
Preferred experience and competencies:
- Previous experience in case management
- University degree in sociology, social work, international affairs, law, humanitarian action or related field
- Strong communication skills to engage with refugee community and service providers