Protection Monitoring Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, Greece
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the Protection Monitoring Team Leader, under the overall management of the Field Protection Manager, and in close cooperation with other Protection colleagues, will be 100% field based, will develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern (PoC), relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors. The PMT Assistant will support the adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s protection objectives and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of general protection activities in accordance with agreed objectives
- Protection monitoring, data collection and document the needs of persons of concern.
- Participating in (joint) assessments, identifying protection concerns and reporting for follow-up.
- Support mapping of services and development of effective referral pathways.
- Identify vulnerable individuals and facilitate appropriate action, including referrals to specialized services and protective accompaniment, as necessary.
- Provide appropriate and relevant information to refugees and migrants regarding their rights and services available to them.
- Participate in awareness raising sessions and information campaigns for persons of concern.
- Participate in population profiling and verification exercises to ensure adequate and relevant data collection.
- Encourage, support, and monitor community-based protection networks on sites, through among other, collaboration in the context of activities organized jointly with Site Management Support (SMS).
- Draft protection monitoring reports and/or activities’ reports, provide inputs in designing protection monitoring tools and formats.
- Provide input on case studies, best practices and lessons learned from each of the activities implemented.
- Mainstreaming protection in all activities on sites by ensuring protection in distribution activities (i.e. vulnerable individuals are fast tracked in distributions).
- Planning and conducting Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) and Information Sessions as facilitator and/or note-taker and drafting the relevant reports.
- Daily or weekly reporting to the Protection Monitoring Team Leader and/or Field Protection Manager of the activities carried out during the week.
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed when responsible for any focal points.
- Ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct throughout activity implementation.
- Provide translation/interpretation, as necessary.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manger, relevant to the achievement of Protection objectives.
- University Degree in Refugee and Migration Studies, Psychology, Social Science, Social Work, Human Rights, Gender Studies, or a related field is preferred; or
- At least one year working experience working with refugees and asylum seekers.
- Working knowledge of Greek and/or English.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Farsi, French, Kurdish (Sorani, Kurmanji/Badini), Somali is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Pashtu, Urdu, or Lingala will be an advantage.
- Experience of community-based or community mobilisation work in a humanitarian context is a strong advantage.
- Strong computer skills.
- High professional ethics.