The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC will contribute to enhancing the self-protective capacity and well-being of displacement-affected communities through the provision of Case Management and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) in Mafraq.
DRC is looking for an experienced Protection Officer-Case Management with strong experience in case management to provide case management and IPA services through DRC’s Community Centres in Mafraq.
About the job
The individual will report directly to the Team Leader-Protection. The main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide case management services to displacement-affected communities. This includes assessing cases, developing & implementing a case plan (including making referrals), and conducting regular follow ups in line with DRC’s case Management Sops.
- Ensure all case management documentation is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions to review complex cases.
- Support the Referral Unit in ensuring DRC maintains an accurate referral pathway matrix.
- Work with the outreach team to conduct home visits and initial assessments.
- Facilitate support groups, community awareness sessions, and other project activities, as requested by the Area Protection Team Leader.
- Support the Area Protection Team Leader in providing protection capacity building to non-technical staff, as required.
- Work with the MEAL team and Protection Technical Unit to ensure case management activities are of high quality.
- Any other activities, as requested by the Protection Specialist (Case Management) or Area Protection Team Leader.
About you: Bachelor/ Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required / Desirable
- At least 3-4 years of experience in protection work in international organizations and humanitarian settings, specifically including the provision of case management;
- Experience in providing trainings and building capacity of staff would be an advantage.
- Ability Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed;
- Previous experience in working with Syrian refugees in Jordan
- to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic & English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.