World Vision, Arua, Uganda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- Act as a focal point person for Bidi-Bidi and Ariwa reception center; manage day to day activities in Bidi-Bidi and Ariwa including supervision of all the support staff in the reception centers.
- Prepare time sheet and process all document for staff’s payment on a timely basis. Where passible request and ensure casual staff are paid regularly and in time.
- Ensure all field supplies are requested and supplied timely to support smooth running of activities in the field location.
- With the support of the reception manager, coordinate between the finance logistics and program to ensure consistently smooth running of the reception center.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly report to the reception center manager; give verbal and or written report as required by the supervisor.
- Represent reception center in coordination meeting, sector meeting and various working groups and sub-sector meetings.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly and incident report from departmental heads in Ariwa and Bidibidi reception centers.
- Liaise with the office of the prime minister, UNHCR focal point person for the smooth implementation of the project activities.
Partnership, Networking & Advocacy:
- Represent the organization in settlement sector meetings and cluster coordination meetings giving updates and progress of implementation and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local leaders regarding project activities to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and keep the coordinator informed
- Develop a network of information gathering relevant to child protection, participation and psychosocial operations.
- Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the Counties and district level
- In coordination with reception center manager and the partners, provide over sight in day to day running of Bidi-Bidi and Ariwa reception center.
- Monitor the progress of hot meal implementation and transits management at Goboro and provide detailed progress report; ensure hot meal services provided meet required quality in line with the grand arrangement.
- Provide technical support to URDMC to ensure among others quality assurance, policies adherence and general RC management.
- Identify the capacity gap among reception center staff in Ariwa and Bidibidi and enhance capacity development to ensure high level of efficiency and productivity. Conduct appraisal of staff as required by P & C guide line.
- Ensure that all reception center staff in Bidi-Bidi and Ariwa adhere to World Vision’s values and principles.
- Promote high level of team work among all reception staff in Ariwa and Bidi-Bidi and Ariwa; Identify conflict and manage them to ensure smooth running of reception center activities.
Financial Management Budget control and Monitoring
- Prepare concepts notes, project activity budgets, expenditure, and preparation of activity quarterly financial and narrative reports as per the grant guidelines and submit them within the agreed timeframes.
- Preparation of payment, advance and purchase requests for appropriate project transactions in line with approved M&E documents.
- File all accountability and attendance lists in line with audit requirements
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelors in Social Work and Social Administration, Project Planning, Development Studies and Related Social Sciences Disciplines. Degree will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience with reputable NGO or UN agency in a similar position.
- Ability to conduct work in a very professional and mature manner.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Very good general administration, organization and management skills.
- Willingness to work within team and respect the rules of collective functioning.
- Very high knowledge in computer application to the tune of Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, publisher, access internet explorer etc.
- Ability to withstand hard working conditions and long working hours which are often stressful in nature.