Protection Services Officer
Watan Syria, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
WATAN Foundation, together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
Managed by the Project Manager and working in collaboration with other members of the technical and field staff, the Protection Services Officer will be responsible for mapping, relationship building and liaising with government, non-governmental, social and municipal services in the programme operational area to facilitate Case Management (CM), Individualised Protection Assistance (IPA) and Protection Outreach (PO) programmes.
- Identify, map, keep updated the governmental, municipal, social and non-governmental services available in the area of operations at district level, including establishing connection and liaison with them.
- Develop and operationalise referral pathway with the humanitarian and state actors in line with international humanitarian principles and make sure the referral mechanism works smoothly with the support of Case Management Coordinator.
- Contribute to high quality implementation of refugee response
- Identify, map, keep updated the governmental, municipal, social and non-governmental services available in the area of operations at district level, including establishing connection and liaison with them (50%)
- Develop and keep updated a service mapping inclusive of humanitarian, non-governmental, state, municipal, social community-based actors and their services provided for the area of operation
- Build a positive relationships and liaise with the governmental, municipal, social and non-governmental actors on the service mapping and update them on the services provided by Watan in the area of operation
- Liaise closely with Liaison Personnel in area of operation to avoid overlaps and improve meaningful relationships with the agencies on the service mapping
- Support Protection Outreach Coordinator establish community profiles for areas of operation and conduct stakeholder mapping as and when needed
- Develop and operationalise referral pathway with the humanitarian and state actors in line with international humanitarian principles and make sure the referral mechanism works smoothly with the support of Case Management Coordinator (40%)
- Support Case Management Coordinator to establish referral pathways as per CM/IPA SoP
- Operationalise referral pathways with the support of Case Management Coordinator for state actors and other agencies
- Support Case Workers to make referrals to humanitarian and state actors as and when needed
- Advise Case Management Coordinator on services in the operational area on certain cases in coordination with Project Manager
- Liaise with Legal Assistance, Protection Outreach, CM and IPA in case of support request from municipalities and other agencies
- Contribute to high quality implementation of refugee response (10%)
- Ensure that protection activities are compliant with CARE accountability principles and general protection principles.
- Work with Monitoring colleagues to ensure that appropriate monitoring activities are undertaken to a high standard.
- Provide feedback on any updates/improvements that are needed to the standard operating procedures and documentation.
- Any other duties as agreed with the Line Manager
Qualification and skills
- Should be a Turkish citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or a relevant subject – Masters Degree preferred
- Fluent spoken and written Turkish
- Good understanding of Turkish social services system and functions of government agencies
- Good contacts in the local governance and government in the operational area
- Previous experience in liaison or a similar role
- Experience of liaising/coordinating activities with other organizations
- Good understanding of INGO/NGO and humanitarian work
- Experience of social work and/or implementing protection activities
- Very good spoken and written English
- At least two years of work experience in social services sector
- Experience of working/volunteering with humanitarian NGOs
- Strong planning, inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong report writing and documentation skills
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Spoken Arabic
- Experience of referral mechanisms
- Experience of community-based work
- Experience implementing case management activities