Provincial Administrative Assistant
FHI 360, Gweru, Zimbabwe
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direction of the Senior Admin Officer and direct supervision of the Provincial Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of administrative, procurement, and logistical services to the Midlands provincial offices.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Arranges travel logistics for field office staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, development and reproduction of documents for the field office.
- Handles all petty cash payments for FHI360 Zimbabwe projects and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Keeps and issues fuel cards to drivers and reconciles fuel usage.
- Submits monthly fuel usage and motor vehicle reports for the provincial and district offices
- Supports the Senior Admin Officer in the implementation of procurement policy and systems for FHI 360 procurement at field office level, including storage and delivery.
- Supports the provincial offices in the maintenance of an efficient records inventory and storage of all office supplies.
- Receives and reviews all inventory and stock records for district offices under the province
- Maintains asset registers for provincial & district offices and handles all asset counts for district offices
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the zone.
- Acts as a receptionist; answers the telephones in an appropriate, clear and friendly manner, takes and relays messages or forwards calls, greets and directs office visitors, receives/sends correspondence, keeps fax log and any correspondence.
- Performs office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Supports the process of ordering and stocking of office supplies such as stationery, drinking water, and other utilities to support office operations.
- Distributes mail and freight services, both domestic and international, and general site operations support.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices, procurement, maintenance and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A relevant first degree in Administration, Finance or Procurement.
- At least 2 years of administrative support experience
- Proven experience in general administration, procurement, asset management and events coordination
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to multi-task and to prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills.