Provincial Finance Officer
FHI 360, Mozambique
Closing Date for Applications:
Job Description - PFO
He has overall responsibility for coordinating financial analysis and reporting, focusing on contractual, financial management and administrative compliance issues for the OC and subcontracts with Partners, in accordance with FHI's financial policies and procedures.
- Support the review of pre-agreements by all potential partners, highlighting their financial and administrative capacity in reception, custody and expenses, as well as in the monitoring and preparation of financial reports and the conditions of pre-financing.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the training and qualification needs of the subsidized partners / organizations , especially in the area of financial management and administrative compliance.
- Ensure the existence of adequate financial information and mechanisms to support program and financial monitoring.
- Provide support for the proposal for budget review mechanisms for subcontracts and amendments, including the obligations spreadsheet.
- Implement a mechanism that includes appropriate processes and tools to ensure that project funds and assets are allocated to objectives.
- Receive, review and advise on the appropriateness, ownership, accuracy, quality and timeliness of the partners' financial reports, as well as underlying records and supporting documents.
- Ensure the use of formats, content, duration of partners' regular financial reports in terms of compliance with FHI and donor requirements.
- Budget monitoring and budget control of appropriate subcontracts to support management program reviews and decision making, as well as donor reports.
- Ensure that all subcontracts and amendments are updated and reflect all principles mutually agreed by both parties and are in line with donor guidelines.
- Support and prepare internal and external auditing for all partners, including a quarterly summary of key audit findings, partner responses, including follow-up questions and proposed corrective actions that should be taken by the partner.
- Review and update manual and SAT control to ensure that accurate and timely information is available about the partner.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Finance Manager.
- 3.Working Conditions
- This position will be based on one of the provincial offices of FHI 360- Gaza, with field trips to the districts, to support partners.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required :
- Master's degree or higher degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant area, and at least 1 year of demonstrated experience in accounting or financial management OR
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant area or professional qualification in accounting, with at least 3 years with high responsibility in accounting or financial management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Government of Mozambique.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and accounting programs.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare reports, financial statements and projections.
- Attention to the details; Self-oriented with a high sense of quality, efficiency and respect for deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team approach
- Work experience for local organizations will be an advantage
- Fluency in Portuguese is required and proficiency in English will be an advantage.