The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program. The technical assistance spans across all MOHCC and PERFAR HIV priority technical areas.
The Provincial Manager is responsible for leading the FHI360 provincial team, managing all technical aspects of the ZHCT program in the province, operational support and coordination/networking within the province in line with organizational and national guidelines and targets. The Provincial Program Manager directly supervises the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinators. The Provincial Manager reports to the Technical Director at the Country Office.
Coordinate and build relationships with Provincial Health Executive and Other stakeholders
- Cultivate, nurture and sustain relationships with MoHCC representatives and other key stakeholders at provincial and district level, to enable open communication as well as collaborative and sustainable program implementation.
- Ensure that FHI360’s ZHCT program is implemented in a way that maximizes synergies with other programs and partner organizations strengthening HIV Care and treatment, and other relevant services in the province
- Attend provincial level (PHT and related) networking and review meetings
- Participate in review meetings with the PHE to facilitate inter-district sharing of experiences and achievements and sharing of good practices
Manage and coordinate the Provincial Team
- Make and implement strategic decisions to support the ZHCT program implementation.
- Managing program operations (finance, HR, procurement and administration) in line with FHI360 policies.
- Provide leadership and supervision to ZHCT provincial team to ensure quality of program implementation
- Develop and monitor annual and quarterly work-plan and budget for the Province, in line with ZHCT program targets
- Document key program achievements and challenges through production of routine program reports and information that feeds into programs and policy development.
- Implement FHI360 policies reliably and consistently.
- Assess and manage FHI360 staff capacity and performance
- Support all district teams to ensure program is implemented with a high degree of fidelity.
- Guide and facilitate initiatives to strengthen capacity development and management of health care workers in the district.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance for quality on-site support and supervision with MoHCC.
- Oversee and support district communications activities
- Provide leadership to district teams to implement program activities that will achieve district targets.
- Lead teams to integrate Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement initiatives in HIV Care and Treatment services at site level.
- Monitor site level action plans and trouble shoot challenges in HIV Care and Treatment Program Implementation.
- Support district teams to innovate within context and integrate ‘state of the art’ interventions to improve program performance.
Manage program resources for Provincial and District program
- Manage provincial and district budgets- contribute to the budget formulation, review and expenditure analysis.
- Review and approve written requests for resources
- Ensure expenditure at district level is carried out in line with organizational finance and operational policy manuals and guidelines
- Manage all program resources in line with FHI360 policy and procedures.
Guide and support analysis of program data (performance and process indicators)
- Lead FHI360 provincial and district teams in data analysis. Support team to do a gap analysis and use data to optimize program implementation.
- Provide technical assistance with MoHCC to support improved data analysis, visualization, and use of data in program management.
- Supervise district HIV Care and Treatment Officers and ensure that all program data is routinely and timely entered into the relevant databases to monitor program implementation progress.
- Utilize routine programme data for program improvement and learning in the province
- Organized, self-starter, team player, able to build and maintain partnerships
- Strategic thinker- able to assess what is on the ground and work with MoHCC structures to accomplish tasks
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Honest, conscientious and reliable
- Good communicator, an ability function as a catalyst and coach, guiding people at all levels of the organization to facilitate their learning and development;
- Strong work ethic coupled with enthusiastic and passionate approach to work with an ability to multi-task and to work with limited supervision
- High degree of professionalism and integrity and ability to demonstrate good judgment, discretion and confidentiality always